Bacon Salt :yum:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
You guys don't need to order it. I saw it in Food Lion in Leonardtown this weekend. It's on the displays by the meat department where they have all the sauces and stuff. :smile: I didn't know what it was, so I didn't buy it. Guess I should have! :ohwell:

Nanny Pam

Tinkerbell said:
You guys don't need to order it. I saw it in Food Lion in Leonardtown this weekend. It's on the displays by the meat department where they have all the sauces and stuff. :smile: I didn't know what it was, so I didn't buy it. Guess I should have! :ohwell:

Is it the same company??...."J&D's Down Home Enterprises"

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Nanny Pam said:
Is it the same company??...."J&D's Down Home Enterprises"
I'm not really sure. I didn't look that closely. All I remember is thinking "Baon Salt? What the heck is that. Doesn't sound like it's too good for you." Of course, I had not seen this thread until today, or I would have investigated further.

Nanny Pam

Well, we really like ours. We've had it on eggs, hamburgers, chicken & dumplins, we even put some in mac-n-cheese. It was all :yum:

I'm making baked chicken for dinner tonight and I'll sprinkle some on the baked chicken too.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I got mine couple days ago. Dont like it on tomatoes, on cantaloupe its great, yum yum, and thats as far as Ive got. I dont like the dry powder taste.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
baileydog said:
I got mine couple days ago. Dont like it on tomatoes, on cantaloupe its great, yum yum, and thats as far as Ive got. I dont like the dry powder taste.
Bet its good if you mix it in with hamburger meat before you cook them

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
MLGTS08 said:
Bet its good if you mix it in with hamburger meat before you cook them

Now that might be a good idea. Hubby is the most finiky eater on earth. BUt maybe I can sneak some in there. I"ll never get him to try it on eggs.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
baileydog said:

I've only put it on buffalo chicken and the heat deleted the taste :lol: I'm buying eggs later to use it there. And might make some bacon mayo :yum:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Bacon Lover's Delight

Bacon Candy Bar

Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.
LINK

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Did you order me a case? At $7.00 a bar, I don't know if my pockets are deep enough. :drool:
I LOVE the peppered bacon salt! It's bacon-y with a bite :yum: I put it on everything.

nhboy said:
Bacon Candy Bar
Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.
LINK

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Dye Tied said:
Did you order me a case? At $7.00 a bar, I don't know if my pockets are deep enough. :drool:
I LOVE the peppered bacon salt! It's bacon-y with a bite :yum: I put it on everything.

The case is in the mail! :lmao:

I think I'll just "salt" my regular chocolate!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Have you tried the bacon bacon from tastefully simple? I mixed some of that up w/ a 1/4 sour cream and 1/2 cup mayo and then spread a little bit on a hamburger bun when I eat a burger :yum:

I don't 'do' home parties unless I am dragged kicking and screaming.

Or promised martinis :otter: