Bad accident in Solomons

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I heard it was BAD! Traffic was backed up for 4-5 hours, the accident was at the light - Asbury & Food Lion shopping center Rt. 4. 2 helo' s came.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I was driving thru there on the way to the forum lunch. Luckily I was on 765 instead of Route 4 and got past without problem. I couldn't see much because the wreck was on the other side of the highway (toward the retirement home), but lots of ambulances and firetrucks there, and gawking bystanders/pedestrians.

I couldn't see over the rise of the median to see what types of cars they were. Hope there weren't any forumites there.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
I heard it was BAD! Traffic was backed up for 4-5 hours, the accident was at the light - Asbury & Food Lion shopping center Rt. 4. 2 helo' s came.
:yeahthat: We were at Tour De Solomons function in the field next to the FD in Solomons all day. I counted at least three ambulances and the med-evac helo. Traffic was diverted for at least 3 hours in both directions. It stayed closed longer for southbound traffic. It was a total mess.

When we left around 7, you could see all the police markings on the road and glass was still everywhere. :frown:

SmallTown

Football season!
"One person died in a traffic accident at Route 4 and Patuxent Point Parkway in Calvert County yesterday afternoon, Calvert's control center said.

Officials would not release the victim's name or any other details."

Is this the same one?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
"One person died in a traffic accident at Route 4 and Patuxent Point Parkway in Calvert County yesterday afternoon, Calvert's control center said.

Officials would not release the victim's name or any other details."

Is this the same one?
Yup... is there a news article?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I don't get the Post

It'll probably be in Wednesday's Calvert paper.

Mayhem

Can I be your super hero?
I saw that when I left the lunch... We were gonna go out that way up thier but had to turn around and go to the loop de loop...

Ponytail

I went by there as they were loading the vehicles on the flatbeds. It involved a 2004 F150 Super Crew, and a little Saturn I think.

Looks like someone tried crossing in front of the other, not sure which one blew the light. But both vehicles were on the South bound bank up in the hedge row. The Super Crew didn't look TOO bad. Damage was just on teh drivers side front fender. But the other car took a direct hit in the side.

I dunno if there was a third car or not. Seems to me that there should have been another one somewhere.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was afraid it was a fatality. It looked like the coroner's van going to the scene and the markings on the road when I left did not look good. :frown:

Last edited:
K

Katie

On Sunday the accident reconstruction team was still there for a while taking pictures and so on.

I was in the traffic sitting there. It did look horrible. I did notice though that after the accident the staties were pulling more people over for speeding.

Pete

Repete
Saturday night there was a wicked looking one at the corner of 235 and Loveville Road. Looked like a Suburban/Expedition and another car got into it and the SUV rolled a couple times, took out part of a pine tree and came to rest in the yard of the house there. 5 or 6 firtrucks, a dozen cops and several ambulances.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Pete
Saturday night there was a wicked looking one at the corner of 235 and Loveville Road. Looked like a Suburban/Expedition and another car got into it and the SUV rolled a couple times, took out part of a pine tree and came to rest in the yard of the house there. 5 or 6 firtrucks, a dozen cops and several ambulances.
I heard that one happen. It sounded a whole lot worse. Actually they were lucky as shiat:bubble:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by CMC122
I heard that one happen. It sounded a whole lot worse. Actually they were lucky as shiat:bubble:
Was it your yard the truck landed in? There were several people being loaded on gurneys and the firemen were working ot get more out. Truck looked bad, the car was already on a roll back but didn't look damaged. HTF do people crash going down a straight 4 lane divided highway?