Bad accident in Solomons

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Pete
Was it your yard the truck landed in? There were several people being loaded on gurneys and the firemen were working ot get more out. Truck looked bad, the car was already on a roll back but didn't look damaged. HTF do people crash going down a straight 4 lane divided highway?
No thankfully. I feel bad for that old man who's house it is. It was loud as doody from my house so he probably crapped himself since it just missed his house.

They "appeared" to be intoxicated. Dumbazzez.

Were you a lurker there or a drive by vehicle?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by CMC122
No thankfully. I feel bad for that old man who's house it is. It was loud as doody from my house so he probably crapped himself since it just missed his house.

They "appeared" to be intoxicated. Dumbazzez.

Were you a lurker there or a drive by vehicle?
Drive by about 11

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Have any names been announced as to the identities of those involved in the fatal accident at Solomon's?

~crossing my fingers that it was nobody trying to get to the Naughty Gull~

willie

Originally posted by sleuth
Have any names been announced as to the identities of those involved in the fatal accident at Solomon's?

~crossing my fingers that it was nobody trying to get to the Naughty Gull~
This is a third hand rumor....An 86 YO resident of Asbury came through the red light and got T boned by a car that then hit the Ford PU. The 86 YO is the deceased.

From the same source....another fatality in front of Sneads hardware yesterday.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Older, and Unsafe, Drivers

Originally posted by Barbra
My folks didn't take my Pop-pop's car keys away until he fell asleep @ the wheel & rolled the car into a ditch. :duh: Hmm...let's see...Pop-pop has Alzh...doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground...drives around w/ a vicious dog that bites everyone but him...and takes meds that make him sleepy. SH*T...who cares...give him the keys if it'll shut him up. Double :duh:. RIP Pop-pop. :frown:
I find it amazing that there are people out there that would rather have their physically/mentally impaired loved ones drive, than be the least bit concerned about the well-being of other people on the road.

I would be absolutely devastated to know that my impaired loved one caused an accident that took the life/limb/health of an innocent person. For this reason, after my 80 year old mom had two accidents a little too close together (w/in three months), and after having her physician check her out, my sisters and I determined that she may not be a risk to herself, but she was certainly a potential risk to others. We turned in her license to MVA, sold her car, and now can sleep at night a little more confidently knowing that she won't hurt an innocent victim. She now has us kids to take her shopping, and as an added bonus, she has become a little more independent by going out with a few lady friends and using the county bus service. They frequently go to lunch, the library, the hair salon, etc. Having her license taken away really really really has saved her life. And quite possibly, the lives of others on the road.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Fatal Auto Crash

On June 12th, 2004 at 12:50 pm., Deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s office responded to the intersection of Md Rt 2/4 and Patuxent Point Parkway in Solomons, Md. for a Fatal auto crash. The crash occurred in the intersection with two of the vehicle coming to rest in a ditch on the west side of Md. Rt2/4 and the third vehicle remained on the roadway coming to rest in the intersection. William Hurd Helme, 86 years old of Solomons , Md. was pronounced dead on the scene. Accident investigation and reconstruction is ongoing.

Fatal Auto Crash

On June 13th, 2004 at 3:30 am., Deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to H.G. Trueman Rd. in the area of Coster Rd. in Lusby, Md. for a Fatal car crash. George Paul Brewster 21 years old of St. Leonard and Kristi Beth Gulley 21 years old of Lusby, Md. were involved in a head on collision on H.G. Trueman Rd. both were pronounced dead at the scene. Accident investigation and reconstruction is ongoing.

Ponytail

Originally posted by DoWhat

Fatal Auto Crash

On June 13th, 2004 at 3:30 am., Deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office responded to H.G. Trueman Rd. in the area of Coster Rd. in Lusby, Md. for a Fatal car crash. George Paul Brewster 21 years old of St. Leonard and Kristi Beth Gulley 21 years old of Lusby, Md. were involved in a head on collision on H.G. Trueman Rd. both were pronounced dead at the scene. Accident investigation and reconstruction is ongoing.

Wow...how sad. I saw the glass and car parts there on Sunday morning, but didn't figure that it was THAT bad. 21 years old is just too damn young.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Ponytail
Wow...how sad. I saw the glass and car parts there on Sunday morning, but didn't figure that it was THAT bad. 21 years old is just too damn young.

:yeahthat: :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by DoWhat
Fatal Auto Crash

On June 12th, 2004 at 12:50 pm., Deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff’s office responded to the intersection of Md Rt 2/4 and Patuxent Point Parkway in Solomons, Md. for a Fatal auto crash. The crash occurred in the intersection with two of the vehicle coming to rest in a ditch on the west side of Md. Rt2/4 and the third vehicle remained on the roadway coming to rest in the intersection. William Hurd Helme, 86 years old of Solomons , Md. was pronounced dead on the scene. Accident investigation and reconstruction is ongoing.
How sad. I've seen a lot of old people coming out of there and not seem to have a clue as to where they are going. :frown:

Fatal Auto Crash

How horrific. It's only 40 mph through there, but people fly so fast through that area. I wonder if alcohol was a factor, since it happened at 3:30 in the morning.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Re: Re: Older, and Unsafe, Drivers

Originally posted by Barbra
I'd like it to be known that I had no hand in allowing my grandfather to drive while Alzh & medication impaired. My uncle, who was in charge of Pop-pop's estate & made all decisions pertaining to Pop-pop, is a jackazz & couldn't or wouldn't make the necessary decisions like making sure Pop-pop got the care he needed, making sure he took his medications, and taking away his car keys since it was more than apparent that he shouldn't have been driving. By the time the decisions were made, he'd rolled his car, his dog had bit me twice & my grandmother once, their house was falling apart, my grandfather had become belligerent & abusive from not taking his medication for so long, & skeletal from not eating properly. His accident was minor & fortunately, he didn't take anyone w/ him into the ditch other than his stupid dog.

You gotta' love Appy, who takes care of her mother in her own home. I think you're an amazing woman. :huggy:
:huggy: :huggy: :huggy:
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply my message directly to you. I could tell from your post that you were talking about someone else taking care of your Pop-pop, and that you were not the one responsible for your grandfather's decision to drive. I was merely stating an opinion that there are folks out there who relent to the elder driver and still allow that impaired driver to get behind the wheel of a car. I know in my case, my mother initially made it very difficult for us to take away her license. She valued her independence, and driving gave her a sense of purpose that we didn't want to take away. However, in light of her medical issues and multiple accidents, we didn't feel as if we had a choice in the matter. Thankfully, we got her doctor on board with our opinion, and SHE is the one that approached my mom about revocation of her license. (We were cowards and didn't want to be the bad ones in this story). It's now been 9 months since she's driven, and sometimes she still speaks of how nice it would be to simply drive somewhere when and if she wanted. But we're confident that we made the right decision. I also recognize that there are some older drivers out there who truly are capable and competent to drive and who should still have that privilege. Unfortunately my mom isn't one of them.

Again, I'm sorry it is looked as if I was speaking directly to you, or tried to make you feel badly. :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: