Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Black, white or other?

• White dude - the razor in his shoe gives it away

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Black dude - a custom Continental and an Eldorado, too?

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Other - possibly Muslim or Chinese.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh please. He's clearly Puerto Rican. He doesn't even remotely look like a black guy. Back in the 70's, when that cartoon was made, a black guy would have had a 'fro and either a real moustache or no moustache at all. The pencil-thins were for Hispanics.

now I've known a LOT of puerto Ricans.. and I can honestly say i've NEVER met a Puerto Rican Leroy.. or one with the last name Brown..

MMDad

Lem Putt
now I've known a LOT of puerto Ricans.. and I can honestly say i've NEVER met a Puerto Rican Leroy.. or one with the last name Brown..

:yeahthat: I hate to agree with Bob, but he's right. Now if it were

malo, malo, Elrey Marrón

THAT would be a Puerto Rican.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
The line right before that one says he's 6'4"...I always figured it was about him being tall. :shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Check out thses links...

There was a latin population on the south side...

Scroll down to the article titled: The New Sanctuary Movement
Yahoo! Search Results for ethnic groups in the south side of chicago early 1970's

Young Lords, Puerto Ricans

There were about 50 more sites that talked about the ethnic make up of the south side.
Well crap. After I asked Larry if he'd ever been to the south side of Chicago, I kept waiting for him to ask if I ever had. The answer would have been no. I lived north of Chicago for about 6 months, but never made it farther south than downtown.

So, what's the answer? Is the poll right, and he's black? Or is he some indeterminate race?

smcop

I know a Leroy Brown, he was from the Southside of Chicago, and he was white. He was only about 5'9 though.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think his momma was white and daddy was black but raised in a bad part of town where he never fit in. It made him mean because he never knew his daddy, who abandoned the family when he was a baby.
He was just a poor, misunderstood man.

"A boy named Sue".:lmao:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
HA! VINDICATED!
But, currently, 68.3% of the voters believe him to have been black. Doesn't majority create reality? :confused:

I am curious about your "other" choices...
... like, when did being Muslim become an ethnicity?
... and Mr. Brown clearly could not be Chinese, because any 6' 4" Chinese man would be immediately drafted into the NBA or made a circus attraction.

smcop

Well crap. After I asked Larry if he'd ever been to the south side of Chicago, I kept waiting for him to ask if I ever had. The answer would have been no. I lived north of Chicago for about 6 months, but never made it farther south than downtown.

So, what's the answer? Is the poll right, and he's black? Or is he some indeterminate race?
I'll bite, have you ever been to the southside of chicago?