Bad Moments in Cinematic History

donbarzini

Worst for me was a scene from "Dog Day Afternoon" with Pacino and John Cazale. They're in the bank and Pacino is SCREEEAMING at the cops about his demands and suddenly from the top of the shot the "G.D." boom mike drops into the scene for probably 30-45 seconds. Ruined the entire movie for me!!!
Not that it was that great in the 1st place. But it did have one of the classic lines.

Pacino: "When we get outta this you can go to any country in the world, Sal.
What country to you want to go to?"

Cazale: "Montana".

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
GF has a lot of cringe-o-meter moments.

The worst moments in the GF movies usually involve the female characters. I think it's partly because the men in the movies keep their families separate from their "Families." So the women have no involvement in the business, the really interesting stuff. Plus, Diane Keaton and Talia Shire are just too shrill.

camily

Peace
Tonio said:
I once got the same reaction when I said I had never seen "The Breakfast Club."
OMG!!! You have not lived I tell you! My favorite line in that movie is
"The chicks, they can't hold ther' smoke, das what it is." Anthony Michael Hall while getting high. TFF.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Was it any good? I read that it didn't make much money.
That's because it sucked. Imagine a Tom Cruise movie, where he thinks he's all cool and every vapid line he utters is quote-worthy (read: all Tom Cruise movies). That was ALL of the characters in The Outsiders. So intense and self-important it would make you gnaw off your arm to get away.

And the way they pieced it together was just terrible. These weird cutaways and dopey lighting, strange camera angles.

At least a 9 on the cringe-o-meter. Only saved from a 10 by having so many future stars in it. Sorry Camily.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
That's because it sucked. Imagine a Tom Cruise movie, where he thinks he's all cool and every vapid line he utters is quote-worthy (read: all Tom Cruise movies). That was ALL of the characters in The Outsiders. So intense and self-important it would make you gnaw off your arm to get away.

And the way they pieced it together was just terrible. These weird cutaways and dopey lighting, strange camera angles.

At least a 9 on the cringe-o-meter. Only saved from a 10 by having so many future stars in it. Sorry Camily.
That's ok, I was in middle school (maybe 5th grade) when it came out and I didn't care about that stuff. I just thought they were all so cute. I wanted to be Cherry Valence. Plus, Nothing Gold Can Stay is still my favorite Robert Frost poem.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Little known fact...

donbarzini said:
Worst for me was a scene from "Dog Day Afternoon" with Pacino and John Cazale. They're in the bank and Pacino is SCREEEAMING at the cops about his demands and suddenly from the top of the shot the "G.D." boom mike drops into the scene for probably 30-45 seconds. Ruined the entire movie for me!!!
Not that it was that great in the 1st place. But it did have one of the classic lines.

Pacino: "When we get outta this you can go to any country in the world, Sal.
What country to you want to go to?"

Cazale: "Montana".

...THAT is why Pacino rubbed him out in GFII.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
camily said:
That's ok, I was in middle school (maybe 5th grade) when it came out and I didn't care about that stuff. I just thought they were all so cute. I wanted to be Cherry Valence. Plus, Nothing Gold Can Stay is still my favorite Robert Frost poem.
I was in 5th grade when the book came out, and I wanted to be Cherry Valance. :lol:

watercolor

yeah yeah
BuddyLee said:
It was the infamous Steven King ending. His works are generally good until the end.:banghead:

I guess.. I just think that outta all of them that pennywise should have been something else...

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
I was in 5th grade when the book came out, and I wanted to be Cherry Valance. :lol:
:killingme I must admit that the book is way better than the movie, as is usually the case.
Did you read te sequel "That Was Then, This Is Now"?

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
Of course! My babysitter used to pass all her books down to me, and she was a big S.E. Hinton fan.
Did you know that S.E. Hinton was Dallas' nurse when he was in the hospital after the fire? It was a very small part but she wanted to be in the movie. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
camily said:
Did you know that S.E. Hinton was Dallas' nurse when he was in the hospital after the fire?
See, here's the problem with The Outsiders movie:

I was 20, a wife and mother, when that movie came out. So I wasn't into salivating over the Brat Pack. Other than seeing how Leif Garrett was holding up, the only time I really paid attention was when Buck Merrill (Tom Waits) made his brief appearance. :hot: