Badass 6 year old.

BOP

I'll bet I can read between the lines, but that would be Ray Sis.

[Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew] said the child was still in custody Friday evening as officials determined what services he would need and how to address the situation.

I know what "services" he needs; chief among them a last meal.

Harsh? The child is six (6) years of age, brought a handgun to school, and deliberately, with malice and intent, used it on its teacher. There's no rising above that.

Word is, though, both BLM and Antifa are actively trying to recruit the little tyke.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
84% of this school is poverty level according to FARMS data (total enrollment of 558). There is no mention of a School Counselor on this website, and the Psychologist, Social Worker, Law enforcement Officer and Security Guard are only "part-time". Seems like it might be a bit past time for them to step it up a bit in those areas!

Out of the economically disadvantaged group, for the 2021-2022 school year, 32.2% of those students were absent 10% or more of their school days. (Virginia Depart of Ed School Quality Profiles)

According to their website, they DO have 2 School Counselors, which is good. Looking over all of this information, it seems as though this school is very similar to the one I just retired from in August, with the exception of the absentee rate, which is really high! It would be a Title 1 school due to the percentage of FARMS students, so they would be getting extra funding from the feds. If you go in to look at the data, be cautioned that students across the country are scoring lower than normal as one of the results from the pandemic issues.

Please don't make assumptions about the quality of the school based upon this one incident, and few real details. I, too, would like to know where that child got the gun and learned to aim it at people. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this as time goes on.

In the meantime, perhaps we need to look at bullet-proof vests for teachers while they are pushing the bullet-proof backpacks for kids....

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
The kid is just emulating his environment. This is all he knows.
Most likely. At that age, he really has no concept of what he actually did. A lot of kids that age are not real clear on Right/Wrong & the impact of their actions upon others. It's just a sad thing all of the way around.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Most likely. At that age, he really has no concept of what he actually did. A lot of kids that age are not real clear on Right/Wrong & the impact of their actions upon others. It's just a sad thing all of the way around.
I don't know if you can remember when you were his age, but still do. I knew right from wrong and knew damned well that I wouldn't touch a gun unless my old man handed it to me.

This kid learned this at home or on the street. The authorities need to look at his family/home very closely and see where he learned this behavior and how he had access to a firearm. I'm finished with the idea is this is just the way it is and we must accept it. It's time to build larger jails/prisons and see that they're used. As for the child, there was always the threat of reform school if you didn't know how to act.

We need to segregate the criminal element from those who know how to act civilized and get along with others. It was called Special Ed when I went to school and we didn't have gun violence in our classrooms, that was reserved for the FFA boys and a .22 single shot rifle out behind the school during "hog" season .

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't know if you can remember when you were his age, but still do. I knew right from wrong and knew damned well that I wouldn't touch a gun unless my old man handed it to me.

This kid learned this at home or on the street. The authorities need to look at his family/home very closely and see where he learned this behavior and how he had access to a firearm. I'm finished with the idea is this is just the way it is and we must accept it. It's time to build larger jails/prisons and see that they're used. As for the child, there was always the threat of reform school if you didn't know how to act.

We need to segregate the criminal element from those who know how to act civilized and get along with others. It was called Special Ed when I went to school and we didn't have gun violence in our classrooms, that was reserved for the FFA boys and a .22 single shot rifle out behind the school during "hog" season .
What hog season is this? Groundhogs are never out of season and your just going to piss off the porky ones with a .22.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What hog season is this? Groundhogs are never out of season and your just going to piss off the porky ones with a .22.
The hogs we raised out back at Cow Pie High. Season was when it got cold enough to kill 'em.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yeah. Whoever his crack whore mommy is shacked up with will likely tattoo a teardrop on his cheek. Little kids don't do stuff like this unless it's what they see and hear.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Can't imagine a 6 year old having enough strength to pull the trigger. Little hands and all. Perhaps junior has shot a few bottles or 2 in his few days here on earth.

Reactions: BOP

CPUSA

Have you ever set foot in a 'hood?
Hell, have you even driven close enough to one to look down the street and see what's taking place once these Shining Beacons of Society get off of the bus?

Most likely, the adults in his 'hood have already told him that what he did WASN'T wrong. He's in a fight for his survival and he gotta do what he gotta do...This kid isn't a kid in his hood. He's a "lil *****"...he's a "soulja"...hell, he probably just made the rank of Lieutenant.
And most likely, judging from your postings, you haven't got a clue about the reality of this kid's life...

Reactions: BOP

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Have you ever set foot in a 'hood?
Hell, have you even driven close enough to one to look down the street and see what's taking place once these Shining Beacons of Society get off of the bus?

Most likely, the adults in his 'hood have already told him that what he did WASN'T wrong. He's in a fight for his survival and he gotta do what he gotta do...This kid isn't a kid in his hood. He's a "lil *****"...he's a "soulja"...hell, he probably just made the rank of Lieutenant.
And most likely, judging from your postings, you haven't got a clue about the reality of this kid's life...
I worked "inside the Beltway" in a Title 1 poverty school in PG County for 20 years. Before that, I worked for 18 years as part of a Residential Treatment facility for emotionally disturbed boys, ages 12-18, from most counties in Maryland, Baltimore City, and DC. Most were dually handicapped and had legal/psychiatric issues. So, yes, I am familiar with "the Hood" in PG, DC, and Baltimore City.

And you?

Last edited: