Bailing out on FB?

Where do you stand this NFL season?

• Eager--couldn't wait for it to start. Pumped! TAILGATE!!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • About the same as last year...Monday Nights, Sundays--good fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cutting back a bit...might root for a different team

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • About done...lost all interest. The entire Game has changed.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Never interested in the first place, not changing now.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Hessian

This is the first time in my life....I skipped ALL the pre-season games. Didn't even glimpse at the season opener. I realize I have slowly become very disgusted by modern football.
*Massive salaries: no brains
*Rule changes
*Thuggish behavior off the field
*SUPER greedy owners
*Non-stop chat fest from commentators
*Name controversy
*Concussion lawsuits
*Gay player promotion
*Revolving door coaches & "Top" players
*The MOST boring "superbowl" since it was created.

So,...I think I will regain my Sunday afternoons...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Free agency certainly didn't help. Players jump from team to team for the most bucks. Can't say I blame them.

mamatutu

mama to two
This is the first time in my life....I skipped ALL the pre-season games. Didn't even glimpse at the season opener. I realize I have slowly become very disgusted by modern football.
*Massive salaries: no brains
*Rule changes
*Thuggish behavior off the field
*SUPER greedy owners
*Non-stop chat fest from commentators
*Name controversy
*Concussion lawsuits
*Gay player promotion
*Revolving door coaches & "Top" players
*The MOST boring "superbowl" since it was created.

So,...I think I will regain my Sunday afternoons...

I never cared for football after I saw my (junior year) high school quarterback die on the field. His brain stem was jammed into his spine, and it was over.

You forgot to add that Goodell made 44.2 mil last year. :faint:

Last edited:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
That's pretty much why I stopped watching NASCAR Racing. I know I am getting older and things change. I also know that change can be good in some things. Well I chose that I didn't like the change so I stopped watching.

PeoplesElbow

I think that professional sports have been massaged to the point to make the games interesting until the end to keep people watching, aka those mystery yellow flags in NASCAR and how many football games now are decided at the very end? It really makes me suspicious that the outcome isn't scripted also.

Hessian

200+ hits...5 votes. Gee, I hope 2014's November election doesn't have the same "enthusiasm!"
Sorry about the confusion in the title...FB DOES equate to facebook doesn't it?
peopleselbow...I would seriously hate to think that major sports are scripted...-ouch!

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Hessian, basically did that about 5 or 6 years ago. I still try to be a Redskin fan as hard as that is. I started listening to the skins games on 98.3 star fm about 5 years ago, put it on the garage radio while i am working in the yard and come in to catch up on the game during breaks from yard work, or have it on in the truck if i have to run up to the store. Only time i ever watch football on TV any more is if my son is home from college, and he is a big new England fan, i will watch the pats with him mainly to spend the time with him.

Hessian

Sounds familiar!

:tap:

I get 98.3 coming back from weekend events in Va...like the traditional 'Play-by Play' calling.

Hessian

Briefly tempted....but then I read Network headlines & learn RGIII is out,...and more indictments, child abuse...ugh.
Intentionally skipped all the games...yeah,...I could get used to this pattern.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I only watch the Red Zone now and thats if I am inside doing other things. I dont sit and watch full games anymore.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I only watch the Red Zone now and thats if I am inside doing other things. I dont sit and watch full games anymore.

I watch/listen to the Bucs away games pretty much through on TV or radio. That includes my attendance at the stadium for my 39 years of moronic season ticket holding since they started. The rest of the league - sometimes. The Red Zone - yeah - primarily to keep up with my fantasy team. NASCAR - nope. I will watch portions of Daytona 500 or Indy 500 just because they are the American icons they are. Outside of the Miami Hurricanes or my alma mater - USF - will flip through college football and basketball now. MLB, I would much rather be there to watch it except for the playoffs on TV.

In about three weeks when the sweltering weather and SweatFest '14 should finally disappear for the next six months, I plan to be outside as much as possible.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I mainly like to watch certain players rather than teams. Broncs my team this year tho.

You're another one of those commie pinko fantasy football players, aren't you? The kind who would root for Roger Staubach and Fran Tarkington and Tony Dorsett if it netted you a point, aren't you???

:tap: