Baking

K

Kain99

Well Flo...... I'll help ya get started.... Feel like flying over here and whipping up about 2000 cookies? Got myself in a rut many years ago with one Christmas Cookie delivery to our friends and now it's expected... :frown:

F

Flo

That is something I really would love to do, though working full-time (in DC), sort of holds me back. One day, hope to have a gourmet kitchen....dreaming now!! :biggrin:

F

Flo

Two more recipes to try:

Bourbon Balls

1 box (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup chopped nuts
3 tablespoons of "King Golden" syrup or "Karo"
1/3 cup bourbon
Powdered Sugar

Mix first 4 ingredients well. Add syrup and bourbon and mix well. Roll this mixture in 1-inch balls; then roll in powdered sugar. Makes 3 dozen. Store in a tin and keep refrigerated.

Mandrian Orange-Crushed Pineapple Cake

Cake:
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup Crisco Oil
4 large eggs
1 11-ounce can mandrian oranges (DO NOT DRAIN)

Icing:
1 12-ounce (med. size) container of Cool Whip, thawed
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 large can crushed pineapple (I use most of the juice, but guess it wouldn't hurt to add all)

Directions:
Grease and flour 2 round cake pans.

For Cake:
In large bowl, mix all ingredients together, beating with mixer for 2 minutes.

Divide cake batter evenly into prepared pans.

Baking according to package directions. (I use dark coated teflon pans, and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean)

Cool cake for at least an hour.

Icing:
In large bowl, empty container of cool whip, box of vanilla pudding mix and crushed pineapple (undrained). Mix well with either large spoon, or beater.

Spread icing on first cake layer, adding second cake layer and spreading the remainder of icing.

DELICIOUS!!!!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by SmallTown
It is the price I have to pay for not letting her loose in the mall by herself with a credit card in her purse!

I'll cut you some slack there, SmallT... That at least makes it more manly. You're doing your job as the hunter-gatherer, making sure she doesn't squander the spoils. So you're giving her field training, with the hopes that one day she can conduct herself properly, while you're home watching the game. Gotta give you credit, SmallT...

However, if she's at the mall, and you're home baking cookies, I lose all respect once again! :biggrin: