Bald Eagles

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have a nesting pair of bald eagles on my property. I think it would be neat if we could do a quick survey on how many nesting pairs we know of in Southern Maryland.
Please give a approximate location so as not to duplicate.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I know of a pair up in the Wicomico River before you get to the power lines. Theres another pair up in Whites Neck Creek. I saw a pair near Dukehearts Creek that I think nest around the Little Hackley Farm in the seventh district. I saw a single male in the field across from Sacred Heart Church. I know it was a male cause' he was HUGE. Seems to be alot in the area.:yahoo: Absolutely beautiful animals.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Oliver Shop Road and Oaks Road. He/she sits in the middle of the field at Jameson Manor Farm. I have been able to get a photo of him on my cell. I also a red hawk that sits on the phone line there.

belvak

Happy Camper
No eagles here, but I have a pair of Red Tailed Hawks that came back this year. They weren't here last year, but were the year before. Hopefully they will keep the mole population down this year!!! Oh, and I'm off of Golden Beach Road before the beach.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I"ve not seen any pairs... But I know there's one near Valley Lee Firehouse(who's feathers are starting to turn all white), one that lives on the farm by the drunk driving memorial(whom I've sene flying WITH buzzards) and a beautiful one that lives down by Dennis Point Marina...

I've not seen this many eagles in ages.. The one by my house is always out in the field, just walking around:lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Oliver Shop Road and Oaks Road. He/she sits in the middle of the field at Jameson Manor Farm. I have been able to get a photo of him on my cell. I also a red hawk that sits on the phone line there.
I see that hawk every day!! Same place on his line.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I saw a pair at Sotterley, but that was a few years ago. Not sure if they are still there.

D

dems4me

I've seen a few last year across from the Charles County Landfill on Billingsly :clap:

K

Kain99

We had a Bald Eagle on the farm a few years ago... He was amazing and I spent hours watching him.

Fred Prince

I see one hanging around approximately 1/4 to 1/2 mile north of Dare's Beach when i fish from the shore in the summertime.
It's a nice undeveloped "critical area" with all kinds of wildlife in there, it SHOULD be preserved!

Danzig

I have a nesting pair of bald eagles on my property. I think it would be neat if we could do a quick survey on how many nesting pairs we know of in Southern Maryland.
Please give a approximate location so as not to duplicate.
Can I come by and shoot them?

With a Nikon.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Theres another pair up in Whites Neck Creek. I saw a pair near Dukehearts Creek that I think nest around the Little Hackley Farm in the seventh district.

Yep. One of them hangs out every morning in a dead tree in my neighbors yard. I can never get close enough to get a decent pic of him.

I've seen a few last year across from the Charles County Landfill on Billingsly :clap:

They are flying around there this year too.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
We have at least one pair. Have had a few over the years. Wicomico River in Mt. Victoria.

That may be the pair I see on this side. They fly back and forth often. I've been made aware that the female is the bigger bird. Sorry for the misinfo in my other post.