Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No way! Why is he special

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • No, this day should never be a day off

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

Uncle Rico

yes ######## they should it's history

So is every other inauguration. You're not suggesting that race should be the factor here, are you? I could care less that he is black. I just get tired of having to give special attention everywhere to da blacks. It just seems they are not happy being equal. They want special treatment. It gets old. If we were electing a hispanic president, it wouldn't get the same attention.

Heck, Bill Clinton was the first president to get elected who had a wife with a penis. Kids didn't get a day off for that onel.

Last edited:

AnnieC

they didnt vote...so they dont get a day off...
stay in school and watch on tv and discuss it....

This_person

Yes, but every inauguration should be a day off.
:yeahthat: Every presidential change of hands is history in the making. Every president deserves the office is due. Living this close, it's reasonable to have every inauguration off, or, (as suggested above) watched live and discussed for the bulk of the school day.

This particular election was going to be historic no matter who was elected - if it was going to be a day off that should have been decided months ago, not weeks or days ago. Any argument that this is not a racial issue (where there should not be one) is purely dishonest.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Yes, but every inauguration should be a day off.

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat: Every presidential change of hands is history in the making. Every president deserves the office is due. Living this close, it's reasonable to have every inauguration off, or, (as suggested above) watched live and discussed for the bulk of the school day.

This particular election was going to be historic no matter who was elected - if it was going to be a day off that should have been decided months ago, not weeks or days ago. Any argument that this is not a racial issue (where there should not be one) is purely dishonest.

As much as it pains me to type this :razz:, :yeahthat:.

thurley42

HY;FR
it's a parade and an oath of office.....:bigwhoop: watch it on tv...

I understand why the DC schools have off, that is common sense. However I dont' understand why schools down here need to have it off... went to the last two inaugural CIC balls and i worked in the morning...i don't see how this is any different...

Xaquin44

For christs sake, they didn't get an extra day off .... they already had friday off .... it got moved to monday.

that's it.

BFD

edit: I MEANT TUESDAY!

Last edited:

Cowgirl

I already heard on the radio that one county (Montgomery?) is making every inauguration a holiday from now on. I'm sure others will do the same.

Gwydion

Nope. I'd rather have my children learn. The Inauguration can be taped and played back later.

And besides... expecting kids on a day off from school to watch some guys speak is like expecting not to get herpes from a hooker.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

it's a parade and an oath of office.....:bigwhoop: watch it on tv...

I understand why the DC schools have off, that is common sense. However I dont' understand why schools down here need to have it off... went to the last two inaugural CIC balls and i worked in the morning...i don't see how this is any different...

5 million people?

Do you know what the roads will be like?

Xaquin44

Nope. I'd rather have my children learn. The Inauguration can be taped and played back later.

And besides... expecting kids on a day off from school to watch some guys speak is like expecting not to get herpes from a hooker.

(they aren't getting an extra day off)

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Please tell me you didn't reproduce!

LadyWolf

No, because most of the kids won't sit in front of the TV and watch the inauguration. Most kids don't care about stuff like that. :yawn: To them, it's a day off from school....:yahoo:

Last edited:

kkelly14

Absolutely NOt!

Should kids in public schools get a day off for this inauguration?

Why would anyone think kids should have the day off from school? Their education should be priority. Public schools will already be closed for MLK junior day and President's Day. Just another fine example of stupid people wanting to throw away our hard earned taxpayer money. Aren't we already throwing enough money to banks, auto execs and these "elected" officials. If it is so important to see then use your DVR and watch when you have time. I do not want to see my taxpayer money wasted anymore....

I sure hope this isn't the "Change" that is being preached. If it is then you can "Keep the Change". I do not know about anyone else but I have had it up to my eyeballs in treating someone which such high hopes when he hasn't done a damn thing yet as an "elected official".

Stay in School. Get your education. It will pay off more for you in the long run ....