Bard's Bistro?

PeoplesElbow

As I was leaving San Souci this afternoon I noticed a place called "Bard's Bistro" and I think it said "A Dungeons and Dragons Themed Restaurant", ok that's sort of different. Anyone been there and have a report? It's definitely a different theme, hopefully nobody gets beat up and has their lunch money stolen.

Makavide

Not too talkative
As I was leaving San Souci this afternoon I noticed a place called "Bard's Bistro" and I think it said "A Dungeons and Dragons Themed Restaurant", ok that's sort of different. Anyone been there and have a report? It's definitely a different theme, hopefully nobody gets beat up and has their lunch money stolen.
Theming is based on the store next door - High Tide Games, which hosts various multi-player games. I believe it is the same owners.

The food is very good, with quick and friendly service.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm really surprised my daughter hasn't mentioned this place. Does anyone have an idea of when they opened?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Theming is based on the store next door - High Tide Games, which hosts various multi-player games. I believe it is the same owners.

The food is very good, with quick and friendly service.
I went into High tides a little before COVID hit. The counter guy had never heard of the Traveller SFRPG.
Was planning out an introductory session to gauge interest.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We really liked Bards. The fish is great, and hubby really liked the HUGE burger.

Right inside the door there are games for you to try out at your table. Fun!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I stopped there today after my 6-month pacemaker check (Doc decided, see you in 6-months) to get food to bring home for lunch.
I got Shepherd's Pie for me and the BBQ Bacon-Cheeseburger with waffle fries for the Mrs.

Very pleased to see a happy and healthy looking former Lowe's co-worker behind the counter.
He said it is the best job he's had.

One thing hit me right away, all food is cooked to order, and that the crew is in constant communication with each other.

The serving of the Shepherd's pie is way to big for a single meal. :) I have leftover for lunch tomorrow.
A little different than my mom made, but I quite like their version.

The burger was so big, Mrs. could only finish about 3/4, and about the same for the fries.

Verdict, will be back.

Clem72

I went last week. For some reason from the website picture I was thinking it would be more sit-down and not like a deli where you order at the counter.

That said, food was good and not overly expensive. Burger wasn't good enough to make me drive from leonardtown and skip over all the local options, but if I was in the area I would probably stop.

TPD

the poor dad
I took the wife and aunt to Bard's last week. We all enjoyed it and will go back. Thx to PE for starting this thread and letting us know there is something different in town - I don't get out much and would have never found this on my own.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Where'd you go for your B-Day?
Happy Seafood in Leonardtown. It as okay, but I don't see myself going back any time soon. I had the steamed shrimp with Cajun seasoning and they were pretty good. My son ordered the special for himself and his girl, but the waitress gave him the wrong (smaller) special, so he had to order a few more snow crab clusters for them both to have enough.

I think my shrimp were worth the $20 cost, but just looking at the other menu prices gave me the vapors. My daughter had steamed clams and they were just okay. There must've been six or seven dozen, the size of a quarter, on her plate. It took about 1/2 dozen just to make a fork full.

It was the first time we've all been together as a family since before the little booger was hatched. He was well behaved and happy as always. My son gave him his first taste of lemon. The face he made was priceless. I wish I'd had my phone ready to snap a picture. All in all, it was a very nice little get together.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I have never eaten there, sounds like I never will.

Glad you all got together and had a good time.

My sis is visiting from out of town. I took her Bards Bistro for lunch. I must say my Black and Bleu burger was the absolute best burger I've had in a long time. Other things coming out of the kitchen looked exceptionally delicious as well. I will most certainly stop by again when I am out and about and wanting lunch.