:barf:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Condom-In-Soup Case Is Resolved in Calif.

January 13, 2004 04:59 AM EST

SANTA ANA, Calif. - Four women have resolved their lawsuit against a restaurant where one of them allegedly found a condom in her clam chowder, attorneys said Monday.

The women had sued McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, claiming negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress after one bit into an unwrapped, rolled-up condom on Feb. 26, 2002.

The case was scheduled to begin Monday in Orange County Superior Court but was canceled after the two sides reached a resolution. Details were not released.

"The case has been resolved in its entirety," lawyers for both sides said in a joint statement Monday. "Both sides are happy with the outcome."

The women said they were all eating clam chowder when Laila Sultan, 48, bit into something rubbery. Defense attorneys previously said there was no evidence suggesting the Irvine restaurant put the condom into the soup and were at a loss for an explanation.

McCormick & Schmick's, a privately owned chain that owns 42 upscale restaurants in 19 states, sued the company that supplied its clams. A judge ruled in favor of the supplier last September.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: The story is definitely BS

Originally posted by Sharon

On another note...

The O Club on base has the best clam chowder I've ever tasted. :yum:

And on that note.. anybody that claims that, has NEVER had good clam chowder.. I interviewed for my job here last Jan and ALL the HRO reps kept repeating the same thing (we were having lunch there the next day).. Well I'm from New England, NH to be exact, and sat at a table with 10 others, 3 of us from New England. We all got the chowder because of the raves, and the 3 of us from New England all left full bowls of the same on the table.. personally thought it was the most disgusting clam chowder I've ever had.. but maybe they were having a bad week...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Re: The story is definitely BS

Originally posted by Sharon

On another note...

The O Club on base has the best clam chowder I've ever tasted. :yum:

And on that note.. anybody that claims that, has NEVER had good clam chowder.. I interviewed for my job here last Jan and ALL the HRO reps kept repeating the same thing (we were having lunch there the next day).. Well I'm from New England, NH to be exact, and sat at a table with 10 others, 3 of us from New England. We all got the chowder because of the raves, and the 3 of us from New England all left full bowls of the same on the table.. personally thought it was the most disgusting clam chowder I've ever had.. but maybe they were having a bad week... I get a lot better then that straight from a can at home... But still nothing I've had can hold a candle to Newick's Seafood in Dover Point NH..