Barn design preferences

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:
Oh yes, I forgot....I would like to have a nice grooming stall and wash stall. I now have an idea of how to build a wash stall correctly after seeing some that only clog up! (not that I would be building anything). How is this one?

That is the perfect example of a simple 4-stall barn where cost is the main object!

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:
Well it depends on what your budget is...I have heard we have some really rich people on here!

So they say....I know a few richie-riches, they don't talk about money.

S

saddlesore

Sadielady said:
Old money verses new money maybe? :confused: ....like on the Titanic

Old money vs. nouveau riche. I think that's what Fred meant. As in, the nouveau riche are very vocal about what everything costs. Tres tacky, no?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
saddlesore said:
[QUOTE I had a auto fly system, didn't like it, for the cost it wasn't as effective as I would have liked.]

How so, Appendix? I have a friend with one, and there are virtually no flies in the barn. Don't know what type it is, I suppose there are different set ups?

Well, the system was 12 or 15 hundred for our 5 stall barn. It was easy to install, and costs about 150 a year to keep going. At first we thought it was great. But on the second year it started to not be so effective. I think the flies started to become immune. It helps, but for the cost it just wasn't reasonable in hindsight. BUT we also use fans, and that must have helped blow the stuff around, and not settle it on the ground where a lot of the flies were. Last year I tried fly predators...dissapointing. This year, I tried quickbayt...so far...outstanding! No large beginning cost, and it is killing (not just repelling) the flies almost instantly! I saw a huge improvement same day!