Barska Biometric Gun Safe

PsyOps

Pixelated
Does anyone own one of these? I'm considering getting one and wondering how reliable they are.

Any recommendations for quick-access gun vaults?

Midnightrider

Does anyone own one of these? I'm considering getting one and wondering how reliable they are.

Any recommendations for quick-access gun vaults?

Vline.... they are not electronic so they dont fail. i have read too many bad reviews of the biometric stuff to depend on them in a life or death situation.

Vince

My large safe is a combo lock. Small quick "get to" safe is buttons that I can do blindfolded. Both bolted down. It would take a few people to run off with the big safe, but then they would have to do it very quickly before I shot them a few times each.

Midnightrider

My large safe is a combo lock. Small quick "get to" safe is buttons that I can do blindfolded. Both bolted down. It would take a few people to run off with the big safe, but then they would have to do it very quickly before I shot them a few times each.

when i was thinking about a safe a friend pointed me to this video.
Security On Sale - YouTube
(about half way through the video they break into a safe with little effort)
basically convinced me that a cabiunet is more than enough to keep the kids out, but a safe isn't enough to keep the bad guys out. I ended up buying a safe anyway, but mostly for fire protection.

Vince

when i was thinking about a safe a friend pointed me to this video.
Security On Sale - YouTube
(about half way through the video they break into a safe with little effort)
basically convinced me that a cabiunet is more than enough to keep the kids out, but a safe isn't enough to keep the bad guys out. I ended up buying a safe anyway, but mostly for fire protection.
Guess you can break into anything if you have the time. :shrug: Is commiting a felony worth the money they'll get trying to sell the guns? Guess it is for some folks.

Midnightrider

Guess you can break into anything if you have the time. :shrug: Is commiting a felony worth the money they'll get trying to sell the guns? Guess it is for some folks.

for some its just another stepping stone on their career path

I gotta say i was surprised how easy those two tender palms made it look. There is also a thread on the MDshooters site. where a guy had a redhead safe broken into while he was gone.

Vince

for some its just another stepping stone on their career path

I gotta say i was surprised how easy those two tender palms made it look. There is also a thread on the MDshooters site. where a guy had a redhead safe broken into while he was gone.
Saw that one. There's another guy trying to re-build his safe or is it the same guy?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I wouldn't call most gun safes safes at all, but locking cabinets..

I think most can probably be infiltrated using an old P-38..

It would slow people down, and MAYBE turn them towards the quick TV theft instead of working the cabinet for 10 minutes to get to the guns, and offer protection from the kids getting to them (if they are young enough not to figure out how to get around the very simple locks)..

Buy a "safe" based on what you think your need is.. if you want a close to100% protection from theft you want a vault like safe ($$$$$$), not a stack on type safe.

glhs837

Power with Control
that vid was a bit of a joke. Who leaves a safe in the middle of a room where ti can be tipped over. Try that attack without being able to rest/bounce your whole 200lbs of body weight on a six foot bar, bet it would take a lot longer, if it was even possible. If you have room to swing that six foot bar that wide.

Am I saying that safe is impregnebale, of course not, but that vid was for crap.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
that vid was a bit of a joke. Who leaves a safe in the middle of a room where ti can be tipped over. Try that attack without being able to rest/bounce your whole 200lbs of body weight on a six foot bar, bet it would take a lot longer, if it was even possible. If you have room to swing that six foot bar that wide.

Am I saying that safe is impregnebale, of course not, but that vid was for crap.

Agreed.. Lag bolted to a wall, or floor, and in a small area like a closet or under the stairs.. GOOD luck trying to do any of that..

glhs837

Power with Control
You know, I think I recognize those thieves, though, they are the masterminds who took all those guns from the Tackle Box.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'm still waiting for my Liberty Colonial to be delivered. Been on back order for three months - they claim the demand is so heavy they run out of parts daily for most models. They say next week - finally.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm still waiting for my Liberty Colonial to be delivered. Been on back order for three months - they claim the demand is so heavy they run out of parts daily for most models. They say next week - finally.

Just remember, dont leave it freestanding in the middle of a parking garage.....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Just remember, dont leave it freestanding in the middle of a parking garage.....

It will be quadrupled bolted down into the slab, in the house, so iffn' somebody really wants it, out of my neighborhood, they will need jackhammers unless they are safe-cracking crackheads.

It still will not be worth the effort, though.