Bass fishing

corollinout

Gilbert Run is a decent spot to fish, next time I go, I'm rent going to rent a boat. There are a lot of people that go there to fish from shore so it can get crowded. St Marys Lake I used to go to and walk 5-6 time a week. The water was lower and I could walk half the lake without having to leave the water. Now that the water is up, it is a little more difficult to fish from. I will say though, i have caught fish 95% of the time I went there, but St Marys isn't a size lake as much as quantity.

I haven't fished here before but I do plan to check it out so I can see what shore fishing the lake has to offer. There are actually two lakes, a 10 acre and I believe a 22 acres. Its called Myrtle Grove and I have seen photos online of nice fish being caught there.

Anabaptist

I'm new to the area and I grew fishing large mouth. Where are the best spots for shore fishing until I get a boat or fishing kayak?

The newly opened Mallows Bay is pretty good, but I recommend either buying 100's of lures or buying weedless lures. There are some nasty snags out there. :-/

CobbWeb

Join A Bass Club

I'm new to the area and I grew fishing large mouth. Where are the best spots for shore fishing until I get a boat or fishing kayak?

There are a couple of bass clubs in the area, they usually have boaters and non boaters. You will get an opportunity to fish small club tournaments and once you get in with some of the guys they may invite you along for some other larger tourny's. Great learning experience also depending on your skill level.

I sent you a PM and can provide some contacts also if interested.

Last edited:

BPC

Smallwood or Mattawoman

Head for Smallwood (Some spots can be fished by shore) or head for Mattawoman Creek (Bass are all over the place right now)

CobbWeb

Bass Club Info

There are a couple of bass clubs in the area, they usually have boaters and non boaters. You will get an opportunity to fish small club tournaments and once you get in with some of the guys they may invite you along for some other larger tourny's. Great learning experience also depending on your skill level.

I sent you a PM and can provide some contacts also if interested.

mdbass.com - Home click join a club to get list, somd is part of southern region. Kickn Bass is based in Charles Co., Run n Gun and Guy Bros Pro Staff are in St. Mary's most of the others are north near Balt. and Annapolis

Home - . The only clubs in this group are Balt. and Western MD though.

Last edited: