Bass guitarists

Oh, so, you're one of those "I have a friend who wants to learn bass..." when in fact you mean "I want to learn bass..." eh????

No, I'm just one of those asses that has to have something sarcastic to say in response to whatever someone else says.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, I'm just one of those asses that has to have something sarcastic to say in response to whatever someone else says.

But, this was your first post; "If I wanted to buy a book for someone that wants to learn to play bass..." I was assuming it was your girlfriend and you were thinking about starting a band with her and all your ex girlfriends, name it the XGurls and spend all your time THIS close to disaster, mayhem and death (and entertainment) for as long as it lasted...

But, this was your first post; "If I wanted to buy a book for someone that wants to learn to play bass..." I was assuming it was your girlfriend and you were thinking about starting a band with her and all your ex girlfriends, name it the XGurls and spend all your time THIS close to disaster, mayhem and death (and entertainment) for as long as it lasted...

Your imagination is vivid, but in this case a little off the mark. :lol:

The person I've been referring to is a relative.

Oh, and just to make sure you didn't read me wrong, I was actually referring to myself as being a sarcastic ass in that previous post - I wasn't sarcastically suggesting that you were being a sarcastic ass. I realize now that could have been misread. :smile:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your imagination is vivid, but in this case a little off the mark. :lol:

The person I've been referring to is a relative.

Oh, and just to make sure you didn't read me wrong, I was actually referring to myself as being a sarcastic ass in that previous post - I wasn't sarcastically suggesting that you were being a sarcastic ass. I realize now that could have been misread. :smile:

OK, just WHOM is wanting to learn bass, huh???? :lol:

If it is you, I might take a chance and say you're one of the people that might be able to handle something like Capo at the start.

OK, just WHOM is wanting to learn bass, huh???? :lol:

If it is you, I might take a chance and say you're one of the people that might be able to handle something like Capo at the start.

No, it's not me. And if I didn't make it clear earlier, they ended up choosing guitar over bass for their initial efforts. if they stick with it, perhaps it will serve as motivation for me to pick up a bass again - I fiddled with one years ago but never got too far. Also, I don't think that Capo app generates bass tabs - it would be cool if it did.