Bass have feelings?

Agee

"Fish are not swimming vegtables. They feel pain just like other animals, like we do", says Karin Robertson...

PITTSBURGH — The Citgo Bassmaster Classic, sometimes known as the Super Bowl of fishing tournaments, will be held this weekend on the three rivers.

A billboard that just went up south of here on Route 51 isn't part of the promotional effort. It's a digitally altered depiction of a dog being yanked by a hook in its mouth.
"If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?" asks the billboard, funded by the Fish Empathy Project. That is a campaign launched last fall by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), stepping up earlier anti-fishing efforts.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2005-07-28-peta-protest_x.htm

In other azzinine PETA headlines:

American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin have been voted the World's Sexiest Vegetarians
Source, USA Today...

:twitch: :twitch:

Mikeinsmd

Does peta have a headquaters?? If so, lets record the sound of live crabs being steamed and blast it through loud speakers at their building.... :duh:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've heard that vegetables have feelings, and that they even scream when you pick them. Of course, I've never heard them scream. :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
elaine said:
I've heard that vegetables have feelings, and that they even scream when you pick them. Of course, I've never heard them scream. :shrug:
:yikes: No more Veggie Tales tapes for you!

Mikeinsmd said:
Does peta have a headquaters?? If so, lets record the sound of live crabs being steamed and blast it through loud speakers at their building.... :duh:
Not sure if it's the only headquarters or not,but there's a very large building in downtown Norfolk, right on the water that has their name on it. Wonder what that little piece of property cost?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
Not sure if it's the only headquarters or not,but there's a very large building in downtown Norfolk, right on the water that has their name on it. Wonder what that little piece of property cost?
Not to mention the wildlife they displaced by building within the wetlands protection zone.

Agee

jazz lady said:
Give me a break. :rolleyes: PETA must have slim pickings now for their terror campaigns. :dork:
Wonder if PETA will show-up at the Bass Masters and toss fish entrails on the competitors?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Airgasm said:
Wonder if PETA will show-up at the Bass Masters and toss fish entrails on the competitors?
Not sure; that'd take guts!

PETA is nothing if not diligent. Didn't they get accused of tossing dead animals(dogs) in a dumpster- just a few weeks ago in Va.?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Penn said:
* * * G R O A N * * *

:razz:

PETA is nothing if not diligent. Didn't they get accused of tossing dead animals(dogs) in a dumpster- just a few weeks ago in Va.?
Yes, they did. I believe it was only two of them, but I have to wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg. PETA has gone so far to the left they no longer bear much resemblance to what the were founded to do. :ohwell:

Agee

Penn said:
Witty!

Another thought...

If fish are developed enough to experience pain, couldn't one deduce that they would be smart enough not to get caught with a painted piece of plastic?

Airgasm said:
Witty!

Another thought...

If fish are developed enough to experience pain, couldn't one deduce that they would be smart enough not to get caught with a painted piece of plastic?
And not just once. I've caught the same fish twice on a couple of occassions.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
jazz lady said:
* * * G R O A N * * *

:razz:

Yes, they did. I believe it was only two of them, but I have to wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg. PETA has gone so far to the left they no longer bear much resemblance to what they were founded to do. :ohwell:
:fixed:

* Not sure; that'd take guts! *

I see ya caught the "hook". :lol:

Agee

kwillia said:
Aaahhhh... but man, who is proposed to be so much wiser, gets baited and hooked by a "painted up piece" just as easy...:shrug:

Interesting analogy my little lotus flower...

Maybe you should post that in the "relationship" thread :shrug:

ylexot

Super Genius
elaine said:
And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my
place of slumber.
And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the
spaces betwixt the air itself.
And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest.
And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.

One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear.
And terror possesed me then.
And I begged,
"Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"
And the angel said unto me,
"These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them
it is the holocaust."
And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of
one million terrified brothers and roared,
"Hear me now, I have seen the light!
They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul!
Damn you!
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
Save our brothers!"
Can I get an amen?
Can I get a hallelujah?
Thank you Jesus.
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........

This is necessary.

- TOOL - Disgustipated

I hope that wasn't too religious for you :razz: :lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
If I recollect rightly, this action by PETA is not new. They've been at this for at least 2 or 3 years, that I've heard of it.

I was over at the Tackle Box on RTE 235, when I first saw newspaper articles from the Washington Times posted on their corkboard concerning this.

I think that they not only want to have these Bass Master contests halted, but would like to see a total ban on sport fishing as well.

That means you and me too, on the river, trying to catch dinner for tonight.