Bathingsuit Season

Terps

It's here!!! Scary I know- but I just read More magazine, and they have a great section on bathingsuits- with recommendations for different body types- anyone else seen it, or have any other tips to offer on the subject?

Cowgirl

Terps said:
It's here!!! Scary I know- but I just read More magazine, and they have a great section on bathingsuits- with recommendations for different body types- anyone else seen it, or have any other tips to offer on the subject?

Newport News has some good bathing suits for different body types.

Attachments

• swimsuit.jpg
    swimsuit.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 121

Cowgirl

Speedy70 said:
Okay. :shrug:

So cute!! I was searching their site looking for a gift with my sister....and it made me want to be pregnant. I love preggo bellies. (I am not going to rush out and get knocked up though)

D

dems4me

Terps said:

I generally buy mine depending on what I plan on doing most over the summer. Generally the cutsey one's with the strings arn't very practical if you plan on swimming alot (as in exercise swimming) those are best for laying out and tanning salons and if you plan on swimming a lot and being active, something less cutsy and durable would probably be your best bet. :shrug: Just make sure you have something for both occassions. :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
The April issue of almost every fashion magazine has very helpful hints. :yay: Tell us your issue, and I'll C&P from Glamour, Allure, and Cosmo for you. :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I always bend, stretch and reach in the bathing suit I am trying on. I gotta make sure my big ole arse is covered at all times and that what little I got up top doesn't fall out when I reach to pick up a towel.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
migtig said:
I always bend, stretch and reach in the bathing suit I am trying on. I gotta make sure my big ole arse is covered at all times and that what little I got up top doesn't fall out when I reach to pick up a towel.

:lmao:

I have been getting all my suits from venus swimwear the past few years. I love their suits.

Cowgirl

I always hate that they never put enough support in the top. They come with a 'built-in bra' that is the most pitiful excuse for support I've ever seen.

R

remaxrealtor

nachomama said:

I have been getting all my suits from venus swimwear the past few years. I love their suits.

They have some great choices! I just ordered this one from splashhawaii.com

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 97

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
The April issue of almost every fashion magazine has very helpful hints. :yay: Tell us your issue, and I'll C&P from Glamour, Allure, and Cosmo for you. :lmao:
My issue: Way too fat. All over. :yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Cowgirl said:
I always hate that they never put enough support in the top. They come with a 'built-in bra' that is the most pitiful excuse for support I've ever seen.

I don't experience that problem. :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
nachomama said:

I like this one and it looks like it'll cover my arse!

Last edited:
D

dems4me

migtig said:

Personally, its rare you'll ever catch me in a string bikini again. When I was younger (13 or 14) I was wearing one and went off the diving board. They came off in the water and I had put them almost all the way back on underwater and was feverishly trying to tie the other side just to cover myself. I came up for air and was starting to have problems doing that while treading water in the deep end as I couldn't see to tie, but I was still okay, I was fine - Lifeguard then started blowing his whistle thinking I was drowning, everyone turned as lifeguard then started throwing his styrophone rings at me, my brother jumped in to save me. :faint: I was trying to explain to him I didn't have my bottoms all the way on, he didn't understand, he was pulling me to the ladder, I was beating him off yelling at him, he thought he was helping but instead he pulled me up with half of my bikini on and half off. :faint: Yeah... I guess I looked like a real nut out there in the water beating off someone trying to help save me. :lol: As a a teen I was mortified, but as an adult, I can laugh at it but have learned some swimsuits (although called swimsuits) really arn't for swimming, diving, etc... that's why its good to keep in mind the activity :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: