Baysox

mainman

Set Trippin
So shorty and I went to see the Baysox game last night, courtesy of my employer. They rented a box; this was a first for both of us. We had an absolute blast. :getdown:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

The company supplied popcorn, a soda machine, hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ pork, beans, cole slaw, and potato salad. <o:p></o:p>

For my son, the highlight of the evening was the complimentary wrist band that allowed him free reign in the children’s area, and the fireworks which followed the game. <o:p></o:p>

The Baysox managed a come from behind victory...:thewave:<o:p></o:p>

I actually did get to watch the majority of the game, I will admit that while not really a fan of baseball, I totally enjoyed the experience, and will more than likely do it again. <o:p></o:p>

Mikeinsmd

To me, baseball (tv) is boring unless you're at a game & can experience the sights, sounds & smells. Glad y'all had fun.

Our company picnic is there June 11th. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love the Baysox stadium. I used to have season tickets to go see them, but haven't in a few years. My company has had nights there and it's always been a blast.

For a small stadium, the fireworks are awesome, aren't they? It's always my favorite part of the night. :yay:

Glad you and shorty enjoyed yourselves. :huggy:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Mikeinsmd said:
To me, baseball (tv) is boring unless you're at a game & can experience the sights, sounds & smells. Glad y'all had fun.

:yeahthat: I have had a hard time keeping up with baseball since I quit going to games after moving out of Houston when I was 22. Its just not the same to watch it on TV or read about it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mainman said:
So shorty and I went to see the Baysox game last night, courtesy of my employer. They rented a box; this was a first for both of us. We had an absolute blast. :getdown:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The company supplied popcorn, a soda machine, hot dogs, hamburgers, BBQ pork, beans, cole slaw, and potato salad. <o:p></o:p>

For my son, the highlight of the evening was the complimentary wrist band that allowed him free reign in the children’s area, and the fireworks which followed the game. <o:p></o:p>

The Baysox managed a come from behind victory...:thewave:<o:p></o:p>

I actually did get to watch the majority of the game, I will admit that while not really a fan of baseball, I totally enjoyed the experience, and will more than likely do it again. <o:p></o:p>
My kids really enjoy the Baysox.. they really know how to entertain the crowd while the game is being played.. We usually get Box Seats in the 111 or 113 area (right behind the home team dugout) You can't beat the price for what, almost 4 hours of entertainment. Last year my kids won the first set of tickets, I paid for the next game, and from then on, due to rainouts, no fireworks etc, we never paid for another game the rest of the season.

Tried to set up a FORUM night up there last year, we should try to do it again this year.

bcp

In My Opinion
I was there Friday night.
I found it interesting that more balls came directly back to the stands behind home plate, then went out into the field.
There is a real difference between watching them and watching the pro teams play for sure.

also about those fireworks.
I guess that they are fun to see now and again, but when you have to listen to that noise every friday and saturday night of the summer from your home,, well, it gets to be a bit of an annoyance to the residents around it.

suggestions.
sneak your own food and drinks into the park and save about 100 bucks. (ok, maybe not that much)
Park in the back lot off of Governors bridge road to avoid the traffic.
wear head gear to avoid being crushed by the balls that end up in the crowd instead of on the field.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
We used to go there all the time when my boys were younger and played Babe Ruth around here...They were some of the most enjoyable evenings...I just really liked the whole atmosphere....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love minor league baseball - so much more fun than going to an Orioles game. And a hell of a lot cheaper, too.

mainman

Set Trippin
bcp said:
I was there Friday night.
I found it interesting that more balls came directly back to the stands behind home plate, then went out into the field.
There is a real difference between watching them and watching the pro teams play for sure.

also about those fireworks.
I guess that they are fun to see now and again, but when you have to listen to that noise every friday and saturday night of the summer from your home,, well, it gets to be a bit of an annoyance to the residents around it.

suggestions.
sneak your own food and drinks into the park and save about 100 bucks. (ok, maybe not that much)
Park in the back lot off of Governors bridge road to avoid the traffic.
wear head gear to avoid being crushed by the balls that end up in the crowd instead of on the field.
Wow....

We had fun...:banana: And will go again...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Tina2001aniT said:
Let's DO IT!!! I really want to take the kiddo, when is the season over?
We're going the 20th. That's the makeup day for Southern Maryland school children that had the free tickets for reading.

Tina2001aniT

bresamil said:
We're going the 20th. That's the makeup day for Southern Maryland school children that had the free tickets for reading.

Is that the make-up game for the 22nd?? Kiddo got one of those tickets, I wonder if I still have it :confused:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Tina2001aniT said:
Do you just use the same ticket?
Yes, it will be honored on that day. You can also purchase your ticket for a reduced price if you tell them you are accompanying the ticketed child.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Stop off at the gate (ticket booth) when you get there, give them the old ticket, and they will issue you a new ticket, AND you can upgrade if you want, for only the difference in the price of tickets.. and believe me, you'll want to upgrade.

Nice comfy seat with a back, or an aluminum bench for 3 hours.