Baysox

On a related subject, any word on the new Southern Maryland minor league team? Have they chosen a name yet--I haven't heard anything yet on the team website but from the Orioles Hangout board I read they were considering Rockfish, Ospreys and Blue Crabs.

I know they are scheduled to start playing in 2007--what happens if the stadium isn't ready at that time? Anyone know where they might play?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My sources...

SkinkTyree said:
On a related subject, any word on the new Southern Maryland minor league team? Have they chosen a name yet--I haven't heard anything yet on the team website but from the Orioles Hangout board I read they were considering Rockfish, Ospreys and Blue Crabs.

I know they are scheduled to start playing in 2007--what happens if the stadium isn't ready at that time? Anyone know where they might play?

...tell me the current leader in the names race is the "10 Ouncers" and the mascot will drive around the field in a pickup truck 'spotlighting' fans during night games, driving over simulated mail boxes for day games. The hang up seems to be getting Budweiser on board...something about image projection.

:shrug:

developing...

Larry Gude said:
...tell me the current leader in the names race is the "10 Ouncers" and the mascot will drive around the field in a pickup truck 'spotlighting' fans during night games, driving over simulated mail boxes for day games. The hang up seems to be getting Budweiser on board...something about image projection.

:shrug:

developing...

I guess "Fighting SMIBs" is out though, right?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's...

SkinkTyree said:
I guess "Fighting SMIBs" is out though, right?

...early. The 'Frednecks' made it up until the end for the Keys, only being set aside when all the permutations of 'Necks' were considered.