BC pill that works wonders?

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
My aunt mentioned a BC pill she tired and loves because it makes her period last only 2 days.

Loestrin or something like that:shrug:

Anyone heard of it or taking it right now? Sounds like a wonder drug:yahoo:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I dont believe its some special pill, I think its just certain women and the way their bodies work. after about 15 years on the pill, my periods were only about 1.5 days. All my friends were jealous.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
After she had her tubes tied her periods started lasting two weeks. Mine got really bad as well, so I am looking for something so that I'm not layed up in the house for 4 days month:dead:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My aunt mentioned a BC pill she tired and loves because it makes her period last only 2 days.

Loestrin or something like that:shrug:

Anyone heard of it or taking it right now? Sounds like a wonder drug:yahoo:

There are so many types on the market. Some you only have 4 periods a year. It depends on the amount of hormone at each level and if you skip the "placebo" week you won't bleed.

chemommy25

I heard those BC pills that make you have one period every 3 months can give you blood clots. Plus, they don't work because i got pregnant while on Seasonale. The nuva ring works really good though, doesnt make you gain weight like some do, and there's no pill to remember taking everyday.

sockgirl77

I heard those BC pills that make you have one period every 3 months can give you blood clots. Plus, they don't work because i got pregnant while on Seasonale. The nuva ring works really good though, doesnt make you gain weight like some do, and there's no pill to remember taking everyday.

Anything that makes you skip periods is not good for your system.

I got pregnant on the Nuva ring. It slips out during rough sex. Even when it is inserted properly.

M

Mousebaby

I take Sesonale or now its called Seasonique I think. Anyway, I never have a period. Doc says its ok because I don't plan on anymore children so it won't hurt anything. My periods were awful too, that's the reason she put me on it. Otherwise I wouldn't have to take it cause my hubby is fixed! :shrug:

M

Mousebaby

All birth control pills can cause blood clots. I have been on Seasonale for years and have had no problems.

sockgirl77

I take Sesonale or now its called Seasonique I think. Anyway, I never have a period. Doc says its ok because I don't plan on anymore children so it won't hurt anything. My periods were awful too, that's the reason she put me on it. Otherwise I wouldn't have to take it cause my hubby is fixed! :shrug:

Did it make you gain weight? Every time I was on any BC that made me skip periods I gained weight.

chemommy25

When i was taking seasonale i had a period every 3 or 4 months and it was really light. But, I feel like my body wasn't doing what it was supposed to be doing. and i dont know if this is the right wording, but, i felt as if my body was backed up.

M

Mousebaby

Did it make you gain weight? Every time I was on any BC that made me skip periods I gained weight.

Not really. I didn't notice much of a change if any.

and Chem, it doesn't hurt your body to stop. They have done tons of research on it and you do not have to have a period. In fact most birth control pills will MAKE you have a period. If your body stops due to the hormones its no different then your body stopping because your pregnant or menapausal. That's what my doc told me. But every "body" is different, so it just all depends on the person.

chemommy25

All birth control pills can cause blood clots. I have been on Seasonale for years and have had no problems.

well, yea they all can. but i heard more problems with the ones that make you have less periods. i was on it from the age of 16 to 18, and i didnt have any problems either. But i didnt like having to remember a pill everyday. and I dont mind having a period every month.

thebird

I was on Loestrin and lost 20 lbs...LOVE IT! I only just recently stopped taking it because the hubby and I are trying to have another. Loestrin is AWESOME.

Lazy

I was on a pill similar to Loestrin for 2 years. My periods were really, really light. Some months I skipped them altogether. The longer I took the pill, the lighter the monthlies got and the more that were skipped...Yep, wonder pills...got a picture of my little "wonder" right here....
:doh:

Attachments

• little wonder.jpg
    little wonder.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 83

CMC122

Go Braves!
Anything that makes you skip periods is not good for your system.
That's not true:lol:

It goes back to prairie days of thinking. Woman rarely had periods due to either being pregnant or breast feeding and cancer wasn't really heard of.......

CMC122

Go Braves!
I was on a pill similar to Loestrin for 2 years. My periods were really, really light. Some months I skipped them altogether. The longer I took the pill, the lighter the monthlies got and the more that were skipped...Yep, wonder pills...got a picture of my little "wonder" right here....
:doh:
Some of these "low" dose pills are so lite that if you do not take it at the exact same time everyday like you are supposed to you will get pregnant. It's in your system and out in 24 hours:lol:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....

Sock - I've been on Seasonale for about 5 years. I switched because I have endometriosis - so the less periods I have, the better.

I did not notice any weight gain when I started taking the pill or since I've been on the pill. I've been pretty consistent with my weight since I've been on BCP's.

Also, I've heard bad things about the generic version of Seasonale. I think that it's called Seasonique. I read reviews from people who switched from Seasonale to the generic version and had hair loss, horrible cramps, etc.

I won't switch to the generic version ....

But I'm happy with Seasonale. I do have one period of breakthrough bleeding or spotting when I start a new pack - but it's at the end of the first month and it's for maybe two days. Then my period comes at the end of the third month like clockwork. I went from having heavy periods that lasted 7+ days to a much lighter period that lasts about three days.

I'm happy with Seasonale.