BC pill that works wonders?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I tried one Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and it just didn't work for me. Too many issues of break through bleeding with taking it.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Socki

I take the depo shot and have now for amost 9 years, I have no period, it's wonderful. The doc told me that you do not have to have a period that your body will still shed and clean it's self without the bleeding..
I also haven't gained any weight from it and the only side affect I have found is if I wait till the last day of the 13 week to get my next shot, I get terrible headaches..

sockgirl77

Socki

I take the depo shot and have now for amost 9 years, I have no period, it's wonderful. The doc told me that you do not have to have a period that your body will still shed and clean it's self without the bleeding..
I also haven't gained any weight from it and the only side affect I have found is if I wait till the last day of the 13 week to get my next shot, I get terrible headaches..

I went on Depo and it totally screwed my system up. I gained 20 pounds in one year from being on it. Most docs say that it is awful for you. My doc only recommends it to people that have issues with taking pills. :shrug:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I went on Depo and it totally screwed my system up. I gained 20 pounds in one year from being on it. Most docs say that it is awful for you. My doc only recommends it to people that have issues with taking pills. :shrug:

Ya I have heard that before it's one of those things it either works perfectly or horribly no happy medium..

S

soulonfirex05

I'm on Femcon FE...lots of break-through bleeding, but the Yaz & Orto Tri-Cyclen Lo really REALLY f***ed with my moods. The bleeding with the Femcon is almost worth having my normal sefl back...but I gained 25 lbs. over the course of the year I've been on it. I'd love to switch to something that wouldn't cause me to gain weight but a lot of those other pills I tried that 'fix' PMS/PMDD seem to make me totally crazed...

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
I heard those BC pills that make you have one period every 3 months can give you blood clots. Plus, they don't work because i got pregnant while on Seasonale. The nuva ring works really good though, doesnt make you gain weight like some do, and there's no pill to remember taking everyday.

They all can give you bloodclots. Greater risks are women who smoke over age 35. I was on BC's, Loestrin and Ortho Novems many years ago. If you take them as directed, they do work. I had no problems or side effects but I was also much younger. I don't think I'd try using the newer ones out today like Seasonale or Seasonique or the ones that you have a cycle 4 times a year. They are too new and as much as I don't like the "Ladies days", I'd still opt for a cycle than taking meds that make you not have a regular one. I've heard that Nuva ring is also removable at any time you choose.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Socki

Depo shots are only recommended for people with female issues and is only recommended for no more than 6 months or so. It can cause premature bone loss because you are in a menapausal state. Hotflashes, mood swings, the whole nine yards!! I was on it for 3 months and I know what it's like and there is no way a doctor will prescribe depo for 9 years.

Last edited:

chemommy25

They all can give you bloodclots. Greater risks are women who smoke over age 35. I was on BC's, Loestrin and Ortho Novems many years ago. If you take them as directed, they do work. I had no problems or side effects but I was also much younger. I don't think I'd try using the newer ones out today like Seasonale or Seasonique or the ones that you have a cycle 4 times a year. They are too new and as much as I don't like the "Ladies days", I'd still opt for a cycle than taking meds that make you not have a regular one. I've heard that Nuva ring is also removable at any time you choose.

yea i use the nuva ring, i love it.