Bdays

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How would you feel if your adult kids didn’t acknowledge your bday? Well one of the three said happy bday so I’ll go with that.

Meh I heard nothing from my 26 yr old ..... whatever

It does hurt, but maybe they are busy running around taking care of their own family.

Thank you that’s what I was thinking.

It's not like it takes more then 2 min to send a message via Facebook

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I would mention it to them. :sshrug: This might sound terrible - but when my boys forgot my birthday a few years ago - I let them know in very certain terms that I was upset about it. My birthday is actually Cinco de Mayo, so it's not hard to remember! :lol: It's also close to Mother's Day! They were in their early 20's. They both had the means to do something, no matter how small - but neither of them remembered. I looked at it as thoughtless, selfish and uncaring and I didn't raise them that way! Also - I NEVER FORGET THEIR BIRTHDAYS!

More importantly, I'm divorced from their dad -and since 2005, I've been their sole caretaking parent! Uh, yes - that's deserving of some kind of recognition - if only just a card! My younger son stepped up and took care of that birthday - flowers, candy, a hand-written note (which I carry in my wallet to this day) and told me how much they loved me and were sorry that they forgot.

They don't forget anymore. :jet: And they get me me the sweetest cards in the world. I just think it's important to recognize people you love on their birthdays! It doesn't have to be extravagant and outlandish. Just a card or a phone call.

snowygirl

I would mention it to them. :sshrug: This might sound terrible - but when my boys forgot my birthday a few years ago - I let them know in very certain terms that I was upset about it. My birthday is actually Cinco de Mayo, so it's not hard to remember! :lol: It's also close to Mother's Day! They were in their early 20's. They both had the means to do something, no matter how small - but neither of them remembered. I looked at it as thoughtless, selfish and uncaring and I didn't raise them that way! Also - I NEVER FORGET THEIR BIRTHDAYS!

More importantly, I'm divorced from their dad -and since 2005, I've been their sole caretaking parent! Uh, yes - that's deserving of some kind of recognition - if only just a card! My younger son stepped up and took care of that birthday - flowers, candy, a hand-written note (which I carry in my wallet to this day) and told me how much they loved me and were sorry that they forgot.

They don't forget anymore. :jet: And they get me me the sweetest cards in the world. I just think it's important to recognize people you love on their birthdays! It doesn't have to be extravagant and outlandish. Just a card or a phone call.
Thanks I’m glad they don’t forget any longer. My middle child did remember. I was thinking of mentioning it to the other two.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thanks I’m glad they don’t forget any longer. My middle child did remember. I was thinking of mentioning it to the other two.
you can mention your disappointment to the Middle and hope they guilt their siblings about it. That's what siblings are for! I'm the oldest and only daughter so I think my mother tries this tactic with me most of the time as my brothers are a couple of bobbleheads - they're always doing something wrong and I enjoy a good opportunity to remind them :evil: :lol:

but you're right, I think it's very important at the VERY least to acknowledge your birthday, even if its just a phone call or a stop by the house to say hi.

snowygirl

you can mention your disappointment to the Middle and hope they guilt their siblings about it. That's what siblings are for! I'm the oldest and only daughter so I think my mother tries this tactic with me most of the time as my brothers are a couple of bobbleheads - they're always doing something wrong and I enjoy a good opportunity to remind them :evil: :lol:

but you're right, I think it's very important at the VERY least to acknowledge your birthday, even if its just a phone call or a stop by the house to say hi.
Thanks I asked the other two if they forgot what yesterday was. I got happy bdays after that. They both said they didn’t remember dates or weren’t paying attention to the dates. Which I kind of understand because of the way the dates are just blending together. But still. Lol

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

mitzi

One of mine didn't call me on my birthday. It does hurt your feelings. Happy Birthday and I hope you had a nice one.