Bear Creek

SoccerMom2

We went there for lunch today. The meat was ok . It had a nice smoked flavor and not dried out. The bbq sauce was too thick and smokey flavor for my liking. The coleslaw had no taste what so ever. Over all i give it a 7 out of 10.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I like the smoked ham with lots of b-b-que sauce :drool: and I recently had the andouille sausage :drool:

edinsomd

BC's shredded pork sammich with sauce and slaw:yahoo:

I can make better pulled pork, but I rarely have the time. Their sauce is very good; I've been known to buy a large container, add a little of this&that, and keep it warm on the burner until needed.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I'd much rather make my own pulled pork than buy it from a restaurant any day. I also make my own sauce that I call Cowgirl's Buckin BBQ Sauce and no one can beat my cole slaw, especially if it's made with a cabbage I grew in the garden.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'd much rather make my own pulled pork than buy it from a restaurant any day. I also make my own sauce that I call Cowgirl's Buckin BBQ Sauce and no one can beat my cole slaw, especially if it's made with a cabbage I grew in the garden.
Care to share your recipes?

glitch

Devil's Advocate
I've eaten there a few times, never get their BBQ. I guess I'm just not a fan of 'dry BBQ' or whatever it's called. Their Frito Pie is outta this world though! Definitely suggest giving that a shot if you've never had one.

glhs837

Power with Control
Bear Creeks okay, but I swear by Smoky Joes myself. Not saying BC is bad, not by any means, call it BC being a 7.5, and Smokey Joes being a 9. I have not had ribs from BC, so that I cant compare.

I've eaten there a few times, never get their BBQ. I guess I'm just not a fan of 'dry BBQ' or whatever it's called. Their Frito Pie is outta this world though! Definitely suggest giving that a shot if you've never had one.

I think I'll try it!

Bear Creeks okay, but I swear by Smoky Joes myself. Not saying BC is bad, not by any means, call it BC being a 7.5, and Smokey Joes being a 9. I have not had ribs from BC, so that I cant compare.

I like 'em both, Bear Creek's sauce I like a lot better.

SoccerMom2

I can't stand Smoky Joes. They can't even make good french fries. I am going to make my own this weekend. My Daddy is coming to visit:yahoo.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I can't stand Smoky Joes. They can't even make good french fries. I am going to make my own this weekend. My Daddy is coming to visit:yahoo.

I thought their fries were pretty good, besides who eats the fries??

I usually don't have room for anything else after eating ONE or their sandwiches. I usually eat maybe 3 or 4 fries, have to save room for the GOOD stuff.

Their Pulled Pork with their Spicy BBQ sauce is AWESOME.. I've had the best ribs there, both pork and beef.. Tender, juicy.. just enough sauce, but always grab more for dippin..

I heard their Jerk Chicken is real good too, but who's going to eat CHICKEN when there's beef and pork to be had??

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Ever since I found a :gossip: (not a piece of hair, but something entirely different), it has grossed me out to eat at Bear Creek. Even their breakfast buffet on the weekend has gone downhill.

Not a big fan of either Smokey's or BC. I'd rather make my own pork/ribs. However, I did stop in Smokey's for lunch and got the French Dip. It was nice and rare, the way I like it. The dip could have had a little more flavor/body, but it was a good sammich.

yankee44

Speaking of BBQ, I am going to enter in to a BBQ contest on the 15th of September. I should be fun.

Doing smoked bricket and my own sauce.

tyky

eieio
Ever since I found a :gossip: (not a piece of hair, but something entirely different), it has grossed me out to eat at Bear Creek. Even their breakfast buffet on the weekend has gone downhill.

ewwww, please tell me it was not a short and curly

SoccerMom2

Speaking of BBQ, I am going to enter in to a BBQ contest on the 15th of September. I should be fun.

Doing smoked bricket and my own sauce.

Thats awesome. Where is the contest at? When i get good enough i want to do that. My sauce keeps has too much of a ketchup taste. I can't seem to get it right. I like my sauce sweet with a little kick to it. Thin but not runny.