Bears v. Vikes...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I suppose the ability to inebriate themselves is a point of greater concern to some people than it is to others. :lol:

Some of us have managed to find, and learned to control, that natural switch inside us that, when turned on, allows us to emulate most of the effects of inebriation, without having to endure the nasty tastes and (undesirable) lingering side-effects associated with inducing them the old-fashioned way. In other words, some of us can get stupid without the aid of alcohol - situations calling for it, we can just snap our fingers and, BOOM, get stupid.

You don't drink beer, ergo, you don't go to NFL games, correct?

You don't drink beer, ergo, you don't go to NFL games, correct?

I haven't been to an NFL game in a couple of years, but it has nothing to do with drinking beer or not drinking beer. I've certainly been to games in the past and beer didn't figure into my going one way or the other.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I haven't been to an NFL game in a couple of years, but it has nothing to do with drinking beer or not drinking beer. I've certainly been to games in the past and beer didn't figure into my going one way or the other.

Ha. Then you know not that which unto you spaketh.

:lol:

On a slightly more serious note, can you imagine the NFL with no beer? I'd actually wanna go to a game again.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol:

Maybe even take a little-ish person, huh?

I took one of my girls, 16 at the time, just her and me to Skins/Cowboys in '05, the blowout win. 90,000 people did NOT sit for a second, even halftime. We were five rows off the field, great seats.

As much as she enjoyed the game, she was just totally amused at people in public #### faced drunk cussing and screaming and acting like total...drunks...in public at an NFL game.

She really really enjoyed that part. I don't like even if it's me and guy pals let alone my kid.

"#### you, Cowboys, you mother####ing *hic* ##########s! I hope you all ####ing...hey? Get me a beer, #######!! I love you, man! *hic* Get me ####ing two beers! #### you ref, you blind, pudgy mother####ing piece of ####! *hic* #### DALLAS!!!!! Wooooooooooo"

I was like..."Mom....seriously? Really?"

I took one of my girls, 16 at the time, just her and me to Skins/Cowboys in '05, the blowout win. 90,000 people did NOT sit for a second, even halftime. We were five rows off the field, great seats.

As much as she enjoyed the game, she was just totally amused at people in public #### faced drunk cussing and screaming and acting like total...drunks...in public at an NFL game.

She really really enjoyed that part. I don't like even if it's me and guy pals let alone my kid.

"#### you, Cowboys, you mother####ing *hic* ##########s! I hope you all ####ing...hey? Get me a beer, #######!! I love you, man! *hic* Get me ####ing two beers! #### you ref, you blind, pudgy mother####ing piece of ####! *hic* #### DALLAS!!!!! Wooooooooooo"

I was like..."Mom....seriously? Really?"

:lol: The game where it was something like 35-0 at half time? I went to that game as well, with one of my best friends who happens to be... a Cowboy fan. He had gotten the tickets through a friend at work - seats were terrible, but we didn't much care.

I had much the same thoughts about the crowd's behavior as you seem to have. I specifically remember this one kinda small dude wearing the typical Redskin's garb that was sitting a few rows away from us. He kept yelling the kind of stuff you're talking about, and when this huge guy - an obvious Cowboy fan - was walking up the steps in our direction, he yelled out toward him '#### all you Cowboy fans!". I can appreciate fan enthusiasm, but I remember thinking (and saying to my buddy) something like - what a punk, that dude wouldn't whisper one single word to that Cowboy fan if he ran into him on the street or even in a bar. He'd have been scared ####less to talk to him like that, but for the feeling of invincibility he got from being surrounded by 80,000 Redskin fans and considerably less Cowboy fans.

Anyway, my buddy asked if we could leave at halftime (not because of the crowd, but because of the score) and we did - stopped at at a Denny's or something. When it came out that we had just left the game and that my buddy was a Cowboy fan, he started catching good-natured flak from the employees there (the place was empty, so the bored waitress made sure to tell everyone).

thurley42

HY;FR
I've been to Ann Arbor to the big house for 3 Ohio State Michigan games.....dressed head to toe in Buckeye gear...

I've been to 1 Browns Ravens game in Bmore in Browns gear.....I won't do it again......

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've been to Ann Arbor to the big house for 3 Ohio State Michigan games.....dressed head to toe in Buckeye gear...

I've been to 1 Browns Ravens game in Bmore in Browns gear.....I won't do it again......

Good lord!

I bet when you get ready for a MMA bout you laugh in the other guys face if he snarls at you. :lol:

thurley42

HY;FR
Good lord!

I bet when you get ready for a MMA bout you laugh in the other guys face if he snarls at you. :lol:

haha not many people snarl because they know eventually you are going to punch them in the face.......the people who run their mouth are the ones who have no idea..

I would feel sorry for anyone going into Cleveland that was wearing a Ravens jersey because I know they aren't exactly poster children for good sportsmanship....

I don't know why this reminded me of a time I was in Powerplant...but the Yankees fans stormed the place after the game, which I thought was impressive..but I was standing at a urinal and one game up to me...

"Orioles F*#@&g suck..."

"I don't care, I'm an Indians fan.."

"What the F$# are you doing here?"

"Why the F*&$& is it your business?"

"Fair enough man take it easy"

:killingme