Because it's worked so well in all the cities that have tried it

HemiHauler

All for eliminating cash bail. It’s often used as a cudgel - go back and see how often prosecutors in the Kyle Rittenhouse case asked for bail to be increased so that he’d be put back in jail.

glhs837

Power with Control
President Panderific rides again. Here's a pro tip if your baby daddy obeys the law then whether he needs bail or not doesn't really freaking matter does it?

Hijinx

It seems like everything this Administration does is for the criminal or the lazy ass wholes who do not want to work.
And who pays in the end. You got it Hoss.
Joe Average American.

It's getting so the only people who are subject to the law are whites and Christians.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Bail is bullshite anyway.
The Cali mom that was "sponsoring" teen parties gets arrested and is held without bail. An illegal immigrant WORKING AS A VALET kills 3 people and gets bailed and held on house arrest.
GTFOH with bail being used as a cudgel against people.

HemiHauler

The Cali mom that was "sponsoring" teen parties gets arrested and is held without bail. An illegal immigrant WORKING AS A VALET kills 3 people and gets bailed and held on house arrest.
GTFOH with bail being used as a cudgel against people.

LOL, railing me because you state "bail being used as a cudgel is B.S." and then you go on to describe a scenario where bail is being used as a cudgel.

Think it through man!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The Cali mom that was "sponsoring" teen parties gets arrested and is held without bail. An illegal immigrant WORKING AS A VALET kills 3 people and gets bailed and held on house arrest. GTFOH with bail being used as a cudgel against people.
Kinda like this guy. No mention of bail anywhere.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
On October 23, detectives located Thomas at a restaurant. He was arrested without incident and was still wearing the electronic monitoring device from the prior cases.
Thomas was charged with armed robbery, destruction of property, and theft and transported to the Charles County Detention Center where he was released by a judge on October 25 on the condition he wears the electronic monitoring device. Detective Logsdon is continuing the investigation.

WTF?

Excuse me Judge but the Ghetto Jewelry isn't discouraging his impulses.

Lock the ###### up!!!

CPUSA

All for eliminating cash bail. It’s often used as a cudgel -
Hey genius...What do you think will happen after the arrest & detainment? Do you really think the option then is getting out on PR?
Better think again....maybe focus more on PRE Miranda rights to understand the direction lawmakers are going....

You really can't be as ignorant as you post, can you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All for eliminating cash bail. It’s often used as a cudgel - go back and see how often prosecutors in the Kyle Rittenhouse case asked for bail to be increased so that he’d be put back in jail.

Many judicial procedures are misused. It just means there needs to be oversight, not get rid of them entirely.

Kyle Rittenhouse is a bad example because not only is he unlikely to re-offend, his case has become politicized. A better example is the guy who can't stay away from his ex, or the one who has a lengthy B&E history.

But you bring up a good point, even if perhaps you didn't mean to. What's the purpose of bail? If this person has the wherewithal to pay, they can run amok until their trial date. If they can't pay, they sit in jail. So it's all about money, which doesn't seem right to me. Judges have lost their ability to make reasoned decisions, aka "judging". Add to that the shitbag lawyers who make their living putting criminals back on the street, and now you have a broken system.

Hijinx

How many criminals are run down by bail bondsmen.
It's a fact that few police will take the time to run down a criminal out on bail.
So if they don't have bail then no one will run them down.
We will have to wait for their next arrest after their next crime to get them back.

I suppose that's ok for minor problems but how about crimes where they hurt someone.?

Hijinx

Money runs the world that's for sure.

Life is like a sht sandwich, the more bread you have the less sht you have to eat./

itsbob

I bowl overhand

W in the AF is wrong with these people???

And W in the AF is wrong with the blithering idiots who vote for them???
Because that's not their actual goal.. they propose outlandish, unbelievable laws and bills so we all say OMG, what are they thinking!! Then they negotiate so something just as unbelievable, but less outlandish and the Republicans cave and call it a win.. and the Democrats get what they actually wanted from the beginning.. so instead of getting it all, they'll get half of what they want, then in 4 - 6 years they'll come back and get the rest.

Next time it will be NOBODY getting arrested, then they'll negotiate and settle on no bail.. and again, Republicans will claim victory as HEY, people will still get arrested, and the Democrats finally get what they wanted in the first place.