Beetle Juice Loses

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot loses re-election bid as city battles crime epidemic

Receiving only 16.4% of the vote, Lightfoot, 60, finished behind former head of Chicago Public Schools Paul Vallas and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson in Tuesday’s race.

Vallas, who took 35% of the vote, and Johnson, who obtained 20.2% of the vote, will head to an April 4 runoff election to determine who will be the city’s next mayor.

“I will be rooting and praying for our next mayor,” Lightfoot said in her concession speech.

She called being Chicago’s mayor “the honor of a lifetime.”

herb749

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot loses re-election bid as city battles crime epidemic

Receiving only 16.4% of the vote, Lightfoot, 60, finished behind former head of Chicago Public Schools Paul Vallas and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson in Tuesday’s race.

Vallas, who took 35% of the vote, and Johnson, who obtained 20.2% of the vote, will head to an April 4 runoff election to determine who will be the city’s next mayor.

“I will be rooting and praying for our next mayor,” Lightfoot said in her concession speech.

She called being Chicago’s mayor “the honor of a lifetime.”

Wow, 16% of the voters think she did a good job . :doh:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Lori Lightfoot Blames Re-Election Woes On Racism, Sexism, And TIME Magazine

“Of course, you can’t have lived through what we lived through and say I did everything perfect. We made mistakes,” she said, pivoting to bring former Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s TIME Magazine spread into the conversation.

“I remember Rahm Emanuel appearing on the cover of Time magazine, the headline was basically like: ‘Tough guy for Chicago.’ No woman or woman of color is ever going to get that headline,” she complained.

Lightfoot, the city’s first black female lesbian mayor, made a similar complaint during another interview with The New Yorker. “I’m a black woman and, let’s not forget, some folks frankly don’t support us in leadership roles,” she said.

She faces a slate of eight challengers in Tuesday’s election — the top two of whom will face each other in a run-off election — and there are some who don’t believe she’ll even make it to the run-off.

“Personally, I don’t [think she can pull off this race], but I’ve been wrong before as the polls have in the past,” local radio host Ray Stevens told “Fox & Friends First.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
16% of Chicagoans voted for her. :roflmao: Who are these people???

Not that whoever replaces her will be any better. The second they try to crack down on crime the durhards in that city will be like, "Wah! No! You're so mean!! ACAB!! Mah boah a goot boah! Defund! Defund!!"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
“I’m a black woman and, let’s not forget, some folks frankly don’t support us in leadership roles,” she said.
The American people don't support incompetent people in leadership roles. Regardless of gender or color or orientation or nation of birth(except for prez).

Run Condi Rice for president. She checks 2 boxes, maybe 3. And she has leadership talent.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Run Condi Rice for president. She checks 2 boxes, maybe 3. And she has leadership talent.
She's definitely smart enough. I would have to take a hard look at her foreign policy stances again.

Besides, she's said more than once that her dream job would be NFL Commissioner.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
45649D3D-7797-473E-A994-C9EA1B2782CF.png