Beetle Juice Loses

WingsOfGold

Come on fess up, you know you did Peroni was only 25 cents a bottle
1677821221249.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Lori Lightfoot confronted by reporter who was booted from press briefings: 'Get the hell out of my city'

"You shut down our schools, you shut down the churches, you shut down the businesses. You did the one thing I thought could never happen: As somebody who was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, I never thought in my life that I would ever see the city of Chicago brought down so low," reporter William Kelly slammed Lightfoot.

"I hope that, after today's city council meeting, you will pack your suitcase and get the hell out of my city."

Kelly spoke out about the tussle Thursday on "Fox & Friends," telling host Steve Doocy that the tense moment was his chance to speak out on behalf of the citizens of Chicago.

stgislander

PREMO Member

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A friend from northern Illinois posted on his FB that the new mayor will make Lightfoot look like Giuliani in comparison.

He also wrote that fewer than 500,000 votes were cast.

stgislander

PREMO Member
A friend from northern Illinois posted on his FB that the new mayor will make Lightfoot look like Giuliani in comparison.

He also wrote that fewer than 500,000 votes were cast.
I'm guessing the Hispanics stayed home. Vallas needed them to break for him after their guy lost.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Time to Move on and Let Democrat Voters Do Themselves In

I get that deep-blue cities arenā€™t likely to elect Republicans ever, but when presented with the opportunity to choose between a rabid, anti-American, racist, Marxist lunatic and what used to be a run of the mill moderate Democrat, the voters there chose crazy; they chose damaging. When people elect someone who will care more about the criminals than their victims, why would you have sympathy for those people?

Chicago just elected a committed Marxist, a racist piece of garbage who never met a white person he wouldnā€™t blame for anything ā€“ the personification of Critical Race Theory. Soft on crime doesnā€™t capture the reality of the situation.

I love Chicago, lived there for a very short period of time and visited often growing up in Detroit. It has done nothing but get worse, crime-wise, in my lifetime. Mayors and prosecutors looking for ā€œsocial justiceā€ by going soft of criminals, mostly black criminals because everything is about race to the left, and ended up making more victims of black people because criminals tend to terrorize where they live and kill people who look like them. The bodies and victims piled up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
During the campaign, Brandon snookered Chicago voters by promising that, instead of spending money on policing and incarceration, the city will focus on mental health treatment, affordable housing for all, and ā€œjobs for youth.ā€ To pay for all these new programs, Brandon explained his secret economic plan will quickly raise $800 million ā€” through the novel technique of taxing ā€œultrarichā€ people and the last-standing Chicago businesses, cramming down a per-employee ā€œhead taxā€ on employers (so much for jobs for youth), and piling even more taxes on already-dwindling hotel room stays.

Chicago retailers, already dealing with sky-high taxes and chaotic crime sprees, were understandably not taking it too well. A WGN-TV interviewer asked Brandon, "Do you worry about stores leaving Chicago and the county because they don't think it's safe?"

Brandon airily dismissed the concern, explaining "these companies have insurance and assurance." He also said, "you can't take a certain level of urgency to protect capital and the wealthy and not have that same tenacity to provide relief for families that have been devastated through structural racism for generations.ā€

Well, he has a point. How does protecting retail stores help anybody except rich fatcat retail store owners?

So letā€™s go, Brandon!