Begging the question and how it relates to views on abortion

This_person

For someone who obviously is very intelligent ,you sure do say some very ignorant and stupid things .
I appreciate you calling me intelligent. You virtually always vociferously disagree, but still have that opinion of me. I take that to mean that I cause you to think about your positions and opposing positions. Like ice-nine, I suspect that thinking will generate changes in your thoughts, even if it takes time.

This_person

GURPS still made a very stupid stretch to come up with that statement.
It was the same level of stretch as it is to say that killing the unborn is acceptable "because it is the woman's right to decide what to do with her body".

It's neither her body she's killing, nor does she have the "freedom and liberty to kill anyone [sh]e choose."

Sadly, the death of babies brings out this kind of emotion in people.

This_person

When the law says it does .

If you were writing or proposing or advocating law, when would you call it?

Did you agree with Gov Huckabee that we should consider the DNA as the scientific definition, and utilizing the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments we should establish rights when the DNA supports an independent life?

BigBlue

If you were writing or proposing or advocating law

But I am not and I certainly would never agree with Huckabee .Again you don't seem to understand that a bunch of cranky old men have no right to be in the discussion,none, and that makes them mad as hell .I have no problem with giving women as much information as they need to make an honest informed decision for them selves . Not saying you in particular but many of the men who oppose abortion are for the death penalty and won't give up a gun without admitting that they "will have to pry them from my cold dead hands",bitch about teenage pregnancy and what it adds to the "give outs " as others call them ,health care , food stamps ,educational costs ,etc. None of them are foster parents bringing these unwanted babies that are born into their homes so yes I call BS on many of them and again say men need to stay out of it .

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If you were writing or proposing or advocating law, when would you call it?

Did you agree with Gov Huckabee that we should consider the DNA as the scientific definition, and utilizing the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments we should establish rights when the DNA supports an independent life?
I'll take a stab at this one. When it's can be born with a chance of surviving on its own. It may take some extraordinary effort to get it to survive, an incubator, medical intervention etc..., prior to this time it may as well be a cyst.
Gov. Huckabee's opinion is just a way of moving the starting point as far back as he can. If he could find a way to prove when the sperm hit the ova that would be his target date.

Last edited:

This_person

But I am not and I certainly would never agree with Huckabee .Again you don't seem to understand that a bunch of cranky old men have no right to be in the discussion,none, and that makes them mad as hell .I have no problem with giving women as much information as they need to make an honest informed decision for them selves . Not saying you in particular but many of the men who oppose abortion are for the death penalty and won't give up a gun without admitting that they "will have to pry them from my cold dead hands",bitch about teenage pregnancy and what it adds to the "give outs " as others call them ,health care , food stamps ,educational costs ,etc. None of them are foster parents bringing these unwanted babies that are born into their homes so yes I call BS on many of them and again say men need to stay out of it .

But, you ARE advocating law.

The death penalty thing is just silly. Of what crime has the unborn child been convicted? Can you really not tell the difference between punishment for a crime after being convicted and trying to protect the innocent?

Why should men, in particular, stay out of the discussion of murdering children? Are men not part of the process of producing a child? Would you just as easily say that men have no business in raising the children after the mother decides to NOT murder it? Men should have no responsibility financially if they wore a condom?

Think it through,BB.

This_person

I'll take a stab at this one. When it's can be born with a chance of surviving on its own. It may take some extraordinary effort to get it to survive, an incubator, medical intervention etc..., prior to this time it may as well be a cyst.
Gov. Huckabee's opinion is just a way of moving the starting point as far back as he can. If he could find a way to prove when the sperm hit the ova that would be his target date.

Do you not see an implicit agreement for responsibility on the part of the mother to keep the child up to that point? Personally, I believe that she's obligated to birth, but let's say that point is 23 weeks... Why is a human being with a brain and a beating heart and all the parts that make it a human including unique DNA essentially just a cyst? Forget the moral implications, what does the science say?

BigBlue

But, you ARE advocating law.

The death penalty thing is just silly. Of what crime has the unborn child been convicted? Can you really not tell the difference between punishment for a crime after being convicted and trying to protect the innocent?

Why should men, in particular, stay out of the discussion of murdering children? Are men not part of the process of producing a child? Would you just as easily say that men have no business in raising the children after the mother decides to NOT murder it? Men should have no responsibility financially if they wore a condom?

I think I've hit a nerve ?I really don't care that you think it is a silly argument ,it is a legit one.Actually your response to my opinion proves exactly why cranky old men need to stay out of the discussion .

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think I've hit a nerve ?I really don't care that you think it is a silly argument ,it is a legit one.Actually your response to my opinion proves exactly why cranky old men need to stay out of the discussion .

OMG! You made me laugh out loud. You are the crankiest, most unhappy, crap slingiest (new word) member of this forum that I have ever seen. The forum used to give out awards back in the day in my time here, and you would win several. Don't ever call anyone a hypocrite ever, ever again. Just looking out for you. :smile:

And, if you truly paid attention to what is said on this forum, you would not post your stupidity. You should be embarrassed.

Last edited:

This_person

Explain how it is a legitimate point.