Belmont

mingiz

Horse Poor
Mine That Bird:killingme Did they decide not to run Rachel? See there is another Bird, Summer Bird...Odds aren't bad on them right now

mingiz

Horse Poor
True :buddies: Man I kinda miss the track days... :popcorn:

I forgot to grab the bird seed the other day...:killingme:geek:

fredsaid2

I saw on the news today they decided not to run RA. It's a shame, if she hadn't run in the Preakness we might have had a Triple Crown winner.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I saw on the news today they decided not to run RA. It's a shame, if she hadn't run in the Preakness we might have had a Triple Crown winner.

maybe they planned it that way:whistle: I wanted to see her run in this. It does stink that they didn't run her so Bird could have had the chance for the crown.:coffee:

Robin

yeah that was kind of well (&^%^%#%$& in a way and I think it was personal.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Remember these are different owners now. They wanted their big win and got it. No way they want to risk anything happening to her. She will bring in lots more money when they breed her! Now it would have been nice if her first owners ran her in the derby. Then maybe new owners would think again about running her at Belmont. But alas, another year without a triple crown prospect!!

fredsaid2

RA was big before the Preakness. Not running her in the Belmont makes it seem like her Preakness win was designed to be an upset to a potential TC and nothing more. I just read a news report that quotes the owner as saying she 'needs a vacation'.

So it's Mine that Bird for the Belmont!

FrmGrl

Get some!
RA was big before the Preakness. Not running her in the Belmont makes it seem like her Preakness win was designed to be an upset to a potential TC and nothing more. I just read a news report that quotes the owner as saying she 'needs a vacation'.

So it's Mine that Bird for the Belmont!
Come on Fred, Winning against the big boys is different than winning all filly races. These owners were not stupid. They knew what they were doing when they ran her in the Preakness and Mine That Birds owners tried to keep her out. Of course there is political crap behind the scenes. I still wish the owner of Eight Belles horse had a decent finish. I feel bad for that guy. I dont know who to root for. I think Mine That Bird will take it but you never know.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
If I were RA owners I wouldn't run her in the longest race of the Triple Crown either knowing that Mine That Bird was closing in at the end of the Preakness. Guess they are protecting there investment. I'll really be impressed if she runs with the big boys in the Breeders Cup. :whistle: Have to agree with Fred.

Should be interesting to see which horse wins the Eclipse Award this year for top 3yr. old.

Wonder if Mine That Birds half brother Summer Bird could win. Oh, the drama.:yahoo:

FrmGrl

Get some!
If I were RA owners I wouldn't run her in the longest race of the Triple Crown either knowing that Mine That Bird was closing in at the end of the Preakness. Guess they are protecting there investment. I'll really be impressed if she runs with the big boys in the Breeders Cup. :whistle: Have to agree with Fred.

Should be interesting to see which horse wins the Eclipse Award this year for top 3yr. old.

Wonder if Mine That Birds half brother Summer Bird could win. Oh, the drama.:yahoo:
Thats what I said. Why risk her when they are looking at her for the long term and breeding program. But she had to win one race against the boys. Now the Breeders Cup?? That would be interesting to see her go in. Maybe they are resting her up but I am not as excited about the Belmont without her in it as I would be with her in it. Oh well. Maybe it will be a battle of the birds!

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yes they will probably run between 5:30pm and 6pm. :starcat:

Anyone know what the weather is like up at Belmont today? I'll be DVRing the Belmont. Have a wedding reception to go to this afternoon and evening.:buddies:
So... did you get your hula skirt???? Sorry, I could not resist:lmao:

covekat

I guess I'm in the MTB camp too.... RA proved she was better than the boys in the Preakness (looks good on her resume too)... nothing political about the decision to run her and try to squish a TC winner this year, every race is seperate, some horses fit certain races, some do not.

I'm glad to see her getting a much deserved rest, and look forward to a matchup between her and Zenyatta in the BC!

Last edited: