Belmont

FrmGrl

Get some!
If you say so Covecat. All I know is the one summer I worked on a track I heard and saw things I dare not repeat. There is stuff that goes on there, you know it. But non the less, I have decided to root for MTB only because I like Calvin so much and the horse is great. My second and third would be Dunkirk and Charitable Man. Good luck Calvin!!!!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
If you say so Covecat. All I know is the one summer I worked on a track I heard and saw things I dare not repeat. There is stuff that goes on there, you know it. But non the less, I have decided to root for MTB only because I like Calvin so much and the horse is great. My second and third would be Dunkirk and Charitable Man. Good luck Calvin!!!!

Shiat, I missed it.....Who won.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

What track did you work at?

Last edited:

covekat

RA was big before the Preakness. Not running her in the Belmont makes it seem like her Preakness win was designed to be an upset to a potential TC and nothing more. I just read a news report that quotes the owner as saying she 'needs a vacation'.

So it's Mine that Bird for the Belmont!

Guess it wouldnt have mattered if RA hadnt run in the Preakness and MTB had won... there still would be NO TC winner this year....:whistle:

BZ, next year I am picking your brain before the races....LOL....

Last edited:

fredsaid2

Guess it wouldnt have mattered if RA hadnt run in the Preakness and MTB had won... there still would be NO TC winner this year....:whistle:

I'm no track guru - just the way it looked to me.

At least I know that I don't know enough to bet money on my assumptions. :smile:

BZHorseMomE

Hey you probably know more in your little pinky about who to pick in races then I ever would. :yay: My Mom follows racing very close and watches daily. She can tell me all about the jockey's and which horses they are best suited for. She is a lover of anything horses.:starcat:

BZHorseMomE

Pimlico way back when I was in high school many moons ago:lmao: Summer Bird ruined my top three. I had them.......until the end!

Wow, that must have been some on the job training. Which trainer did you get to work for?

Where I grew up in Howard County there are some pretty big TB stables. Many of my horse friends went to work for them breaking the young ones before going to the track. Some of them almost got killed doing it. :doh: I'm thinking I had good enough sense not to take that path in my riding career. :lmao: I've just enjoy retraining them after they've been on the track. :starcat:

covekat

Hey you probably know more in your little pinky about who to pick in races then I ever would. :yay: My Mom follows racing very close and watches daily. She can tell me all about the jockey's and which horses they are best suited for. She is a lover of anything horses.:starcat:

I'm betting that your mom and I would really get along!

BZHorseMomE

I'm betting that your mom and I would really get along!

Yes, you both should meet sometime. Oh, I can't remember the name of the trainer from Laurel that is going to house sit for my Mom while we are in Myrtle Beach. :confused: She's told me a few times, but I keep forgetting. :doh: When we went to the USHJA Trainer symposium last October she had a friend of Carol Russell's house sit, but I think she was going to be busy that week.

Mom is so funny. If she sees a race where the horse is a good mover she calls to tell me about it.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Wow, that must have been some on the job training. Which trainer did you get to work for?

Where I grew up in Howard County there are some pretty big TB stables. Many of my horse friends went to work for them breaking the young ones before going to the track. Some of them almost got killed doing it. :doh: I'm thinking I had good enough sense not to take that path in my riding career. :lmao: I've just enjoy retraining them after they've been on the track. :starcat:
Umm, I was a grunt. It was a summer job I had to do for school and some little bald fat man hired me. It was quite an experience.

covekat

Yep, your track experience will be greatly affected by who you work for, there are good and bad, just like any sport.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yep, your track experience will be greatly affected by who you work for, there are good and bad, just like any sport.
I definately had the bad. I did get to do some cool stuff and got to play with the horses once in a while. Man that was 17 years ago!!! How time flies!!!

covekat

I definately had the bad. I did get to do some cool stuff and got to play with the horses once in a while. Man that was 17 years ago!!! How time flies!!!

You dont remeber his name? I'm curious...I've been around the MD tracks (and others) since 1982... I dont even add up the years anymore...:faint:

FrmGrl

Get some!
You dont remeber his name? I'm curious...I've been around the MD tracks (and others) since 1982... I dont even add up the years anymore...:faint:
Good grief, let me think. All I remember is he was bald and very round and short. I only saw him once or twice really. Worked mostly with the boys that come and go. I worked with a Miguel and a Jimmy. Thats all I got and that was digging deep in the brain cells. I dont have alzhiemers yet.....I think. I was just a kid trying to graduate and didnt want to work at some fast food joint that year.

covekat

Good grief, let me think. All I remember is he was bald and very round and short. I only saw him once or twice really. Worked mostly with the boys that come and go. I worked with a Miguel and a Jimmy. Thats all I got and that was digging deep in the brain cells. I dont have alzhiemers yet.....I think. I was just a kid trying to graduate and didnt want to work at some fast food joint that year.

Well that narrowed it down some....you just described half of the trainers and employees....LOL. :) Not such a memorable time huh?

FrmGrl

Get some!
Well that narrowed it down some....you just described half of the trainers and employees....LOL. :) Not such a memorable time huh?
Oh.... sorry. Do you remember a bald little man with an attitude??? Very gruff, scratchy voice, always had on a suit, sweating all the time! It was an ok time. I loved playing with the horses the most but it was hard and I was young and gullable so they had fun with me. I guess I had fun too sometimes.