Ben Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

ohstate

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/index.html

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident on Monday morning.

The Steelers confirmed the accident for Channel 4 Action News.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review said the accident happened on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge.

A witness told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger went over the handlebars, hit the windshield of another vehicle and then hit the ground.

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet, according to the paper.

Police have closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.

Roethlisberger was taken to Mercy Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.

Nanny Pam

Stupid is, as stupid does.

I had to laugh when Terry Bradshaw said something like..."you'd wear a helmet to play football, why not on a motorcycle."

hwyman3

Nanny Pam said:
Stupid is, as stupid does.

I had to laugh when Terry Bradshaw said something like..."you'd wear a helmet to play football, why not on a motorcycle."

TB also told him "If you're going to ride without a helmet, at least wait until you retire!

Mikeinsmd

kwillia said:
You gonna take that, Slotted...:popcorn:
If Slotted, a man with an adorable family (I saw the pics) rides without a helmet, then he needs to read this quote over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw...

Cletus_Vandam

I'm a huge Steeler fan and have to say that Ben is deserving of every foul and off-color comment that's getting directed his way.

I wear a seat belt every time I get in my car, not for me as much as I do for my wife and daughter.

This goes to show you how much money and fame can go to your head. It can surely make you feel untouchable or unbreakable [remember the Bruce Willis movie?].

I recall Ben saying in interviews how careful he was when he rode and how he always rode in a group. Problem is if you want to talk about how safe YOU are, YOU need to be the only one on the road. Dumba$$ seems to have forgotten there are a "few" people on the road who should be riding the bus instead of piloting a vehicle.

I would love to go to the Steelers opening game wearing a MC helmet.

They don't call them slid lids or brain buckets w/o having a good reason to do so....

MMDad

Lem Putt
I saw a picture of the car he hit on the news. He hit it a ton. He's one lucky guy not to be pushing up daisies.

As for the helmet issue, anyone who doesn't wear one is an idiot who deserves to die. Therefore, helmet laws prevent natural selection. Let's repeal all helmet laws so we can cull the herd. It's no different than Vrai's view on abortion (which I agree with).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
He also didn't have anything in his contract prohibiting him from participating in potentially harmful activities in the offseason:

Roethlisberger's accident set off debate around the NFL whether teams should take additional contractual safeguards to prevent their key players from participating in hazardous behavior.

A standard NFL player's contract prohibits any offseason activity that can be harmful, but not all players have clauses for activities such as motorcycle riding, all-terrain vehicle riding and skydiving. Roethlisberger's contract apparently did not, probably because the Steelers had no indication he indulged in motorcycle riding before signing the first-round draft pick.

I'll bet the Steelers review their player contracts more carefully now. :ohwell:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I have heard that Pixar is seeking Ben out to do the voice of an animated character in "A Bug's Life II - What's the last thing a bug sees upon hitting a windshield?" :biggrin:

D

Dixie

Mikeinsmd said:
Did you miss Larrys post???

Actually they updated this morning and said he broke his nose, jaw, two teeth, some facial bones and was expected to return to regular season. If you consider what he landed on he's in pretty good shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I wonder if he'll do one of the following:

1. Obtain a valid Motorcycle License

2. Purchase a Motorcycle Helmet

or

3. Sell the Suzuki, and give up motorcycling.

4. None of the above.