Benefits of Outdoor Exercise Confirmed

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"ScienceDaily (Feb. 5, 2011) — A systematic review carried out by a team at the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry has analysed existing studies and concluded that there are benefits to mental and physical well-being from taking exercise in the natural environment. Their findings are published in the research journal Environmental Science and Technology on February 4th 2011." .....

"The study found that most trials showed an improvement in mental well-being: compared with exercising indoors, exercising in natural environments was associated with greater feelings of revitalisation, increased energy and positive engagement, together with decreases in tension, confusion, anger and depression. Participants also reported greater enjoyment and satisfaction with outdoor activity and stated that they were more likely to repeat the activity at a later date."

Benefits of outdoor exercise confirmed

bulldog

I sure do prefer it. I would much rather go on a long jog at St. Mary's River state park or in the country rather than the paved roads of my hood.
I'd also much rather lift (whatever I can find) outside rather than lift weights in my basement.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I can't wait for the beautiful weather to get here so I can get outdoors. I'd much prefer to chase my son around a park, go swimming or walk on the boardwalk instead of going to the gym. I love the gym but I feel much more stress relief when I'm surronded by nature instead of sweating guys grunting. :killingme

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
except the bugs ...... eww for flies!

I can't wait for the beautiful weather to get here so I can get outdoors. I'd much prefer to chase my son around a park, go swimming or walk on the boardwalk instead of going to the gym. I love the gym but I feel much more stress relief when I'm surronded by nature instead of sweating guys grunting. :killingme

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have to spray myself with bug-repellent or I'll end up with ticks and flies biting me ewww. Last year I found more ticks on my body than I did in the prior 5 years of my life! Yikes on ticks ewww.

:confused:

:lol: Hearty adventurers, you two are.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
:confused:

:lol: Hearty adventurers, you two are.

I spend a lot of time outside in the spring/summer/fall. I just try to avoid the spiders at all costs. Hubby loves watching me garden, never fails that some huge 8 legged creature scares the crap outta me. :cds: Not everyone loves bugs, ya know! :killingme