Best Australian rock band ever

Who's the best Australian rock band ever?

• AC/DC

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Little River Band

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • AC/DC

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • INXS

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • AC/DC

• Air Supply

• AC/DC

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I'm having trouble deciding which was the better album: Dirty Deeds or Back in Black?

Can someone help me decide so that that part of my brain can move on to other pressing matters?

Also, growing up listening to AC/DC I didn't realize how mysogynist (that's not quite the right word I suppose) some of their songs were. I guess at some point I was too young to really understand what they were saying. It's a wonder I didn't grow up to be a total dick when it comes to women.

Oh... wait a minute... maybe that explains some things. :frown:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I feel ill. There 100s of bon/Brian clones out there in cover bands that could do the gig. Why bring in the antichrist?

The quote that I heard today was " they traded a singer who can't hear for a singer who can't sing".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree. I couldn't come up with the right word at the time. I still can't. :lol:

"They're very 'guy' about women'.

'Guy" : Love to look at women, touch them, get lucky with them, objectify them, come on to them, flirt with them, hug them and squeeze them, pinch them, pull their hair, get shot down in flames, worship them, get a whole lotta them, etc, etc.

They're 'guys' about women. AC/DC very, very pro women. Love 'em.

I feel ill. There 100s of bon/Brian clones out there in cover bands that could do the gig. Why bring in the antichrist?

So can you give me some idea of which rock bands you think are worthy and which aren't? I'm talking about mainstream and commercially successful bands form the last few decades. Even if you generally prefer some of the heavier stuff, which of the more mainstream ones do you hold in relatively high regard?

For instance... Motley Crue - sucks; Rolling Stones - rockin'; Def Leppard - okay; The Who - awesome; Van Halen - garbage; Guns 'N' Roses - antichist-y.

Also.. can you settle the Dirty Deeds versus Back in Black matter for me? I really need to move on from that question.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So can you give me some idea of which rock bands you think are worthy and which aren't? I'm talking about mainstream and commercially successful bands form the last few decades. Even if you generally prefer some of the heavier stuff, which of the more mainstream ones do you hold in relatively high regard?

For instance... Motley Crue - sucks; Rolling Stones - rockin'; Def Leppard - okay; The Who - awesome; Van Halen - garbage; Guns 'N' Roses - antichist-y.

Also.. can you settle the Dirty Deeds versus Back in Black matter for me? I really need to move on from that question.

Bad; Anything that has to do with Axl Rose post GnR I.
Good; Anything that has nothing to do with Axl Rose post GnR I.

I'm actually a Crue fan, at least some of it, and despise Def Leppard. Their first album was fantastic and then they decided they wanted to be rich. Really rich. SO, they picked girls to play for over snotty nosed punk boys.

My Axl beef is his taking self absorption beyond what the typical insanely narcissistic rock god front man should, specifically, his walking off of shows a few times as well as his position that HE is GnR. No Slash, we'd have never heard of them. No Axl we'd still have heard of Slash somewhere.

Dirty Deeds v BinB is easy;

Highway to Hell.

:lmao:

Here's the problem, AC/DC, Dirty Deeds, is Bon, BnB Brian. Two VERY different sounds, attitudes and bands. It's just like Van Halen, a GREAT band in many ways, Roth v. Haggar, TWO great bands in many ways. At any rate two very different bands.

If I had to pick, I'd take Back in Black over DD but I'd take Highway to Hell over B n B, no contest.

As for 'worthy' and 'not worthy', having my own band has humbled me greatly to the challenge. Anyone who does what it takes to get out there and play, put themselves on the line, original music, and keep at it, has my respect if not my particular appreciation for what they might play.

I appreciate you asking the questions. Some of my favorite topics.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Off of Highway to Hell, 'Beatin' around the Bush' and 'If you want blood' are two of the greatest rock songs, ever. H to H is Mount Rushmore stuff.