Best dentist in St. Marys?

jkz87

I need to find a new dentist.. my teeth are in terrible shape. I have been to several different ones over the past year and am not totally please with either of them. I am self employed and the only insurance I have is what the state provides for low income... Four plus months ago I had a tooth extacted and was told I need three root canals and more.. Was given a $13,000 estimate. However I can't do payments with them because they want it all paid off in a year. Meanwhile I had to have shoulder surgury so never went back. Where is a good dentist in St. Marys that doesn't cost so much? Will not go to Dr Dabbs... My family and I went there for years and when we started going to others most of us had problems that have developed over time. Can anyone give me info on Dr Chase in Leonardtown?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I need to find a new dentist.. my teeth are in terrible shape. I have been to several different ones over the past year and am not totally please with either of them. I am self employed and the only insurance I have is what the state provides for low income... Four plus months ago I had a tooth extacted and was told I need three root canals and more.. Was given a $13,000 estimate. However I can't do payments with them because they want it all paid off in a year. Meanwhile I had to have shoulder surgury so never went back. Where is a good dentist in St. Marys that doesn't cost so much? Will not go to Dr Dabbs... My family and I went there for years and when we started going to others most of us had problems that have developed over time. Can anyone give me info on Dr Chase in Leonardtown?

NO! Run far, far away.

Radiant1

Soul Probe

It sure as heck isn't Neibauer Dental. I have no idea of the quality of Dr. Chase's work, but I have heard he will work with people in your financial situation.

Good luck. I hope you're able to get your teeth fixed!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It sure as heck isn't Neibauer Dental. I have no idea of the quality of Dr. Chase's work, but I have heard he will work with people in your financial situation.

Good luck. I hope you're able to get your teeth fixed!

Someone I know went there for that reason. She almost died.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I'd pull them out with plyers at home with no novacaine before I saw him. I've heard horror stories!

I know a guy who did exactly that after drinking nearly a 5th of Jack to get his nerve up and dull the pain. I thought he'd be too drunk to do it, but he managed to get it done. :shocked:

luvmygdaughters

Dont know about Dr. Chase, I go to Dr.Long in Leonardtown. I have dental insurance, but a friend said he will work with you on payments if you're not insured.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Have you tried TideWater Dental on Great Mills Rd? We've been going there for a while, I have been very pleased since.

*Disclaimer* - I'm not saying they are the best, but I'm not saying they aren't either, just that I am happy with them, the wife is, and my daughter (5) is :lol: They pulled all 4 of my wisdom teeth, and I thought the guy did a good job. Plus, they have tvs on the ceilings :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Almost every dentist in the area takes Care Credit which is a way of taking a loan or getting a medical dentist credit card (however you want to look at it). And this is usually how they work out a payment plan with you. So checking out how much money you qualify for would be the very first thing I'd do.

Secondly, I worked a job before where I had no dental insurance. I know a root canal costs right around $1,500 out of pocket, give or take, per tooth.

Third, do not go to a dentists because they are "cheap". Those are usually the ones running scams and taking shortcuts. Quality dentists will not scam you and will do a good job. A crappy dentist means you'll probably have to go through everything all over again in a couple of years. I learned that lesson the hard way too.

I'd recommend my dentist but she's in Mechanicsville. Good luck.

jkz87

Almost every dentist in the area takes Care Credit which is a way of taking a loan or getting a medical dentist credit card (however you want to look at it). And this is usually how they work out a payment plan with you. So checking out how much money you qualify for would be the very first thing I'd do.

Secondly, I worked a job before where I had no dental insurance. I know a root canal costs right around $1,500 out of pocket, give or take, per tooth.

Third, do not go to a dentists because they are "cheap". Those are usually the ones running scams and taking shortcuts. Quality dentists will not scam you and will do a good job. A crappy dentist means you'll probably have to go through everything all over again in a couple of years. I learned that lesson the hard way too.

I'd recommend my dentist but she's in Mechanicsville. Good luck.

Yeah thats why I'm in trouble with my teeth now because my dentist was "cheap." I have gone to tidewater and did like the staff but the fincial things seem a little mixed up... my sister an I purchased a discount plan from Carefirst Bluecross Bluesheild because they said they worked with that and the dicount prices is what we would pay.. My sister had some teeth fixed and later got a notice that she owed hundreds of dollars because the discount program didn't cover everything after all... And a friend of mine got bills from them stating the insurace would not cover the work they had done after all as well.. They said I need over $13000 of work done in my mouth so I'd really like to see what another dentist says.. Which dentist in Mechanicsville would you recommend? Because depending where in machanicsville I would be interested.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Wow. :faint: for $13,000 I could get all my teeth capped!

I go to St. Mary's Dental off Mechanicsville Road. I've been going there for a while now and have been very happy with my care. It's very much out of my way, but I tried another area dentist that was closer to home and was miserable the entire visit.

Roman

You can apply for a Credit Card called Care Credit. There is no finance charge if paid within a certain time-frame. There is no such thing as a Cheap Dentist anymore, and I am a firm believer of the phrase "You get what you pay for". There are certain things you can do to lessen the cost. For example, don't get a Root Canal on the teeth mentioned, just get them pulled. If your teeth are in bad shape, just get them all pulled, and get dentures. It's really up to you in the long run. Care Credit is for the Doctors, and the Dentist; as well as for your Vet. I haven't read all of this thread yet, so if someone already said this stuff, I'm sorry. As far as St. Mary's County goes..I only know of a small handfull of Dentists. I can tell you who to stay away from in Calvert though. A good place to go to here is Prince Frederick Dental, Dr Ali Azad is the best.!! In Lusby, the best is Dr Jon Yazdan...awesome Doc, especially for Dental Weenies!! Good luck.

Roman

What about Todd Allen at Towne Dentistry in Leonardtown? Is he good?
I've never heard of him, which could be a good thing ya know? I would go with Migtig's suggestion, because I have never heard anything bad about them, and that IS a good thing.

Roman

What about Todd Allen at Towne Dentistry in Leonardtown? Is he good?
Google Todd Allan DDS, and read some reviews. I have never heard of him, but his Office has been open for years. I think the Office is next to Corner Critters in the Square. It wouldn't hurt to stop in, and see what they can do for you.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You can apply for a Credit Card called Care Credit. There is no finance charge if paid within a certain time-frame. There is no such thing as a Cheap Dentist anymore, and I am a firm believer of the phrase "You get what you pay for". There are certain things you can do to lessen the cost. For example, don't get a Root Canal on the teeth mentioned, just get them pulled. If your teeth are in bad shape, just get them all pulled, and get dentures. It's really up to you in the long run. Care Credit is for the Doctors, and the Dentist; as well as for your Vet. I haven't read all of this thread yet, so if someone already said this stuff, I'm sorry. As far as St. Mary's County goes..I only know of a small handfull of Dentists. I can tell you who to stay away from in Calvert though. A good place to go to here is Prince Frederick Dental, Dr Ali Azad is the best.!! In Lusby, the best is Dr Jon Yazdan...awesome Doc, especially for Dental Weenies!! Good luck.

Please do.

I go to Solomons Island dental and have been seeing Dr Anne Etzkorn. She must have recently graduated from college because she looks like she is about 20 years old.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Have you tried TideWater Dental on Great Mills Rd? We've been going there for a while, I have been very pleased since.

*Disclaimer* - I'm not saying they are the best, but I'm not saying they aren't either, just that I am happy with them, the wife is, and my daughter (5) is :lol: They pulled all 4 of my wisdom teeth, and I thought the guy did a good job. Plus, they have tvs on the ceilings :yay:

This is who I use as well, no complaints here.....I've heard of patients applying for credit threw Capital One for major work, been a few years so I don't know if that's still the way they operate or not