Best Fake Christmas Tree

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Seriously thinking about getting a fake tree this year. With the cost being so high nowadays for a real tree, a fake one seems more cost effective. Any recommendations on what to look for in getting a quality fake tree? I would need about a 5-6 foot tree. My biggest concern is the ease of setting it up. I need one that is easy to "fluff". What do you recommend?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess you'd just go to Lowes or Home Depot and see what they have. I've seen fake trees that look great but they're super expensive.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I guess you'd just go to Lowes or Home Depot and see what they have. I've seen fake trees that look great but they're super expensive.
I plan on it. Just hoping somebody would have a brand recommendation. My mom has one and it looks like limbs stuck onto a stick.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've had Balsam Hill burned into my brain after watching so many Hallmark Christmas movies.

Auntie Biache'

I don't recall where I got my first fake, but it's nice and I'm still using it. 7 footer. I got my second one (12 footer) at At Home decor center. I don't think you have one, but if you know where one is, they also carry nice trees. Hobby Lobby also carries some very nice fakes, and their Christmas stuff is always marked down...50% most of the time.

Last edited:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm out of touch with the fake brancds nowadays but I have a few tips... If you have a decent large spot for storage, I'd highly suggest one that comes off in sections via the "trunk". Most do. But this way, you can leave the branches intact and do minimal fluffing once brought out of storage. You just have to attach at the base and 1-3 spots along the trunk. I also suggest something with minimal fake snow, it all comes off so easily and gets EVERYWHERE and once it's gone, you'll want another fake tree. Another tip, walk around Home Depot or Lowe's and really play with the branches and fluffing of the displays. You can get a good feel for their softness, or flexibility, etc. If it's pre-lit, check to see how easily the bulbs are replacable...most should be really easy.

I used to help assemble the display trees at HD and after spending an entire day (sometimes days) stuck inside fake trees, continually fluffing and pruning and adjusting, I've learned to always wear gloves and long sleeves, that fake snow and glitter gets in places you don't wanna know, and that I really hate fake Christmas trees :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm out of touch with the fake brancds nowadays but I have a few tips... If you have a decent large spot for storage, I'd highly suggest one that comes off in sections via the "trunk". Most do. But this way, you can leave the branches intact and do minimal fluffing once brought out of storage. You just have to attach at the base and 1-3 spots along the trunk. I also suggest something with minimal fake snow, it all comes off so easily and gets EVERYWHERE and once it's gone, you'll want another fake tree. Another tip, walk around Home Depot or Lowe's and really play with the branches and fluffing of the displays. You can get a good feel for their softness, or flexibility, etc. If it's pre-lit, check to see how easily the bulbs are replacable...most should be really easy.

I used to help assemble the display trees at HD and after spending an entire day (sometimes days) stuck inside fake trees, continually fluffing and pruning and adjusting, I've learned to always wear gloves and long sleeves, that fake snow and glitter gets in places you don't wanna know, and that I really hate fake Christmas trees :lol:
Sooooo... you were an artificial tree fluffer. :faint:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Also, Michael's is offering 50% (or more) off all trees 6 feet and over today only for Cyber Monday. They carry the Dunhill brand, which was mentioned in the above article. Free shipping on all trees $49+.

Auntie Biache'

This may be helpful:

14 of the Best Artificial Christmas Trees That Look Incredibly Realistic

Pre-lit, fully decorated, and every fake fir style in between.

#12 looks just like my 7 footer. I've had it for 7 or 8 years now, and it still looks great.

I did the stair rail-don't like it. I'll re-do it when I come across some garland that I like, but this is the tree.

Attachments

• blue stairs.jpg
    blue stairs.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 99

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I got out-voted. We're getting a real one this year. :ohwell: Husband likes the smell of a real tree and our boys made a stink when a fake tree was even suggested. Couple more years and they will be gone and I can get my fake tree.