Best Fake Christmas Tree

Auntie Biache'

I got out-voted. We're getting a real one this year. :ohwell: Husband likes the smell of a real tree and our boys made a stink when a fake tree was even suggested. Couple more years and they will be gone and I can get my fake tree.

I was so happy when the hubs agreed to a fake tree. I loved our tradition of going out as a family and choosing a tree, but real trees are just not ideal. It's impossible to keep them watered enough to prevent them from shedding. They have to be sprayed for insects, and it seems like you find needles for months after removing it.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was so happy when the hubs agreed to a fake tree. I loved our tradition of going out as a family and choosing a tree, but real trees are just not ideal. It's impossible to keep them watered enough to prevent them from shedding. They have to be sprayed for insects, and it seems like you find needles for months after removing it.
Exactly! I thought since we redid the entire living room that he'd be more agreeable about a fake tree. I agree about keeping the water level up. Doesn't help that we have two cats that think the base is a water bowl for them too.

Auntie Biache'

Especially when you put up a real tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Yep. I used to put my tree up the day after, but we often went out on T-day and picked a tree, since it had to sit over night after spraying for bugs, and I don't like to take it down before the first. I have so much Christmas stuff now, that I have to start early November to get it all done....or maybe I'm just getting old and slow.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Yep. I used to put my tree up the day after, but we often went out on T-day and picked a tree, since it had to sit over night after spraying for bugs, and I don't like to take it down before the first. I have so much Christmas stuff now, that I have to start early November to get it all done....or maybe I'm just getting old and slow.
I usually only have mine up for 2-3 weeks depending on when I get ours. Our truck is currently inoperable so I need to either strap the tree to the roof of my car or use that as an excuse to get a fake one.

Auntie Biache'

I usually only have mine up for 2-3 weeks depending on when I get ours. Our truck is currently inoperable so I need to either strap the tree to the roof of my car or use that as an excuse to get a fake one.

Get a fake tree anyway-put two trees up. Or, wait until after Christmas and buy one for next year.