Best gift you received?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
My son and I hardly have any family left other than each other so we spent the day traveling to Butler PA to show him where our family began. After picking up the phone book and looking up our last name we made four calls. One call returned and it turns out that I have an 85-year-old cousin :huggy:

We will go see her tomorrow.

Azzy

LexiGirl75 said:
I like both of my purses, all of my good smelling stuff, my scarf set and ALL of my wonderful gifts from my best friend that she brought me back from her trip. :love:
:blushing: I wuv you :huggy:

I got one of these and its pretty cool! I also got some neat smelling stuff from my bestest friend. My favorite though was my son telling me "I love all my presents you got me Momma, they make me so happy" while he was snuggling with me on the chair watching TV :melt:

Geek

JustTodd said:
My son and I hardly have any family left other than each other so we spent the day traveling to Butler PA to show him where our family began. After picking up the phone book and looking up our last name we made four calls. One call returned and it turns out that I have an 85-year-old cousin :huggy:

We will go see her tomorrow.

That is depressing Todd :huggy: You are still my new favorite :yay:

Booboo3604

mv_princess said:
better, there was a set back last week. He hurt himself, and got little depressed. So my parents were very worried about him, but he got to go to dinner off base, and call home. I guess local families take them in on Christmas and feed them. So he is doing much better and we go in Feb 2nd to see him graduate.

Where is he at for bootcamp? It's good to hear he got to relax for christmas as well. My sister was lucky enough to graduate on the 15th or 16th of december two years ago so during the three weeks break before her tech school, she got to spend the holidays at home.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Booboo3604 said:
Where is he at for bootcamp? It's good to hear he got to relax for christmas as well. My sister was lucky enough to graduate on the 15th or 16th of december two years ago so during the three weeks break before her tech school, she got to spend the holidays at home.
Cape May NJ. Coast Guard.

Time with my family and watching my boys open their gifts. :smile:

Next is the Provo Craft Cricut ( for scrapbooking ) and my Dooney & Bourke bumblebee bag and wallet! :yay: :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1 Gb...

...in 1/2 the size of what used to be about a 4 mb RAM chip; an Ipod Shuffle.

Edison recored sound in 1877.

In 1927 100 million records were sold and about 1 million record players.

The Brits developed hi fidelity during WWII.

The 1960's, we had stereo.

Tape, the 8 track and cassette, were the 1970's.

In 1980 we took a jog to whatever we had on cassette with our Walkman's.

Three short years later the digital age began.

I know it's hard to impress anyone these days but if you haven't seen a Shuffle, it's just kinda stunning to me.

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:
I know it's hard to impress anyone these days but if you haven't seen a Shuffle, it's just kinda stunning to me.

I remember just after I graduated college - '83 - I used to grumble about how FAST my four AA batteries would run out on my Walkman. I just could not believe how very little I got out of them.

"Face it, Sam, anytime you have BATTERIES pushing a motor - it's gonna run down fast". To which I replied, "then the answer is to put the music DIGITALLY into memory. It costs almost nothing in power to send sound to headphones".

The answer THEN was " do you realize that just ten second's worth of voice WITHOUT music is like, 30 or 40 kilobytes?". Shock! Back then, that was HUGE. That was a tenth of a whole floppy. But I knew that eventually, we would make some kind of memory stick so we wouldn't waste battery power on a motor.

I guess if I'd been smart enough, I should have patented the idea, even though something as simple as that had almost certainly been patented already.

SamSpade

I think the best gift I got was the look on my wife's face when she got the ear rings I got her. She got at least one more expensive present from me, but she really liked them. I hit a home run. Next best one was a scarf my sister made for me. Goes well with my new wool coat.

I did get an iPod, but I liked the other ones more.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah but...

SamSpade said:
I guess if I'd been smart enough, I should have patented the idea, even though something as simple as that had almost certainly been patented already.

...but that's the cool part; you had an idea as did, obviously, more people. Science and technology is so cool. People like you gave me electric trains at Christmas when I was 5 and a little tiny, portable music box this year. Before that, it was all sticks and coal.

Wait. That was last year.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Larry Gude said:
...but that's the cool part; you had an idea as did, obviously, more people. Science and technology is so cool. People like you gave me electric trains at Christmas when I was 5 and a little tiny, portable music box this year. Before that, it was all sticks and coal.

Wait. That was last year.

Kind of hoping that with Sam Jr. arriving in a couple months, I - I mean, HE - will have trains for Christmas next year.

cdsulhoff

:howdy: Hello Everyone,
Well my kids got me a beautiful bracelet that I love. My hubby gave me a bracelet, pink sapphire necklace, and pearl necklace for Christmas. I was shock!!!:faint: My mom got me my wallet to go with my purse. Finally!! These will have to be my favorite gifts this year.

Plus you can't forget the joy of watching your kids opening the gifts and seeing their eyes light up. I enjoy that. They both got spoiled rotten this year.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I received a wonderful new flagpole and a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. Just what I wanted!

But my most favorite thing was watching Baby Bubba enjoying his gifts this year: TMX Elmo, a baby grand piano, a barnyard animal play thingy, plus a lot of other cool things. I do believe that he liked the pretty colorful wraping paper and bows the most, though.

Everyone had a lovely Christmas, with a focus on family, friends and food.

M

Mousebaby

My husband and I call this wonderful stuff, Alien technology or black magic :shrug: It's gotta be one of the two! I just got a chip for my cell phone that is about the size of one of my fingernails that holds 2gb of info! That is unfreaking believable! :faint: