best place for company picnics?

B

baswm

My company used to have our company picnic at RIPS park. Since Rips sold off the park area to Bowie Baysoxs, They have been having it at a Farm near Federick, MD. I think it is too far to drive from Southern MD. The biggest thing is finding a place to allow alcohol and offer games/entertainment for the kids.

Can anyone give me some locations/places that their company uses that I can submit to move ours to a better location?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
There are several parks in St Mary's county. Check the Parks and Rec site. I believe you can get a liquor permit.

Gilbert Run (Charles Co) is a good place too. They have paddle boats and playgrounds. I'm pretty sure you can get a liquor permit there too.

F

Flo

I had a Class Reunion Picnic at Gilbert Run back in 2000. A liquor license is required, and I would suggest if you call them you should do so now, as the best sections fill up quickly.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Several years ago our activity had the alcohol supplied picnics and we used Dorsey Park in St. Mary's County (this was after the base directed that there would be no command sponsored alcohol provided events on station). St. Mary's has a special limited beer license for events like this (cost $10), Charles County has a similar license for $25, but I am unsure if you can use the county parks.

tater

Originally posted by huntr1
Choo Choo's

Agreed, they have some very good clams, burgers, and shakes there. Well worth the $12 fee to get in. (at least that's what a friend of a friend told me) :cool:

Elle

Happy Camper!
MainMan what was that park where your company picnic was at? The YMCA park/beach thing off of 214. Camp Letts???

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by tys_mommy
MainMan what was that park where your company picnic was at? The YMCA park/beach thing off of 214. Camp Letts???
That is correct... Camp Letts, down by Mayo Beach... (I think)