Best ride to the pad?

glhs837

Power with Control

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Apollo crews had a Motorhome, the Shuttle Crews had some funky looking trailer on a lift chassis... Now days they get a Prius.

:ohwell:

glhs837

Power with Control
Apollo crews had a Motorhome, the Shuttle Crews had some funky looking trailer on a lift chassis... Now days they get a Prius.

:ohwell:

Far nicer than a Prius, and at 4.4 seconds 0-60 for the "base" model, you can get to the pad a lot quicker :) I didnt realize how roomy it was in the back of one of those until I had time to kill and popped into a showroom and the ease of access those doors give.

gemma_rae

Like normal doors.
That seems odd. Usually the enhanced features are for the driver and front passenger. So this actually is for transporting astronauts in the rear with the gear?

Sorry, stole that from Full Metal Jacket.:lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
That seems odd. Usually the enhanced features are for the driver and front passenger. So this actually is for transporting astronauts in the rear with the gear?

Sorry, stole that from Full Metal Jacket.:lol:

Not sure why, I think it was the answer to having wide enough access for kids/VIPs without having doors so wide that normal parking spots would get you trapped. It's not special for astronauts, it's stock for the Model X. Of course, keep in mind that the SpaceX suits are a far cry from the old suits, far less bulky, even though they are still rated for cabin depressurization.

Sorry 🐩, the SpaceX Tesla Model X astronaut transfer vehicle's front doors don't open. It's a self driving vehicle!

They could, I'm sure, it's a simple drive, far easier than the recent video I saw of a Full Self Driving beta tester doing Highway 17 from Silicon Valley to Santa Cruz. This vidoe shows the drives, and also, interestingly, the fact that there is an umbilical connection to the suit from the Model X, I suspect cooling air and comms.

gemma_rae

Not sure why, I think it was the answer to having wide enough access for kids/VIPs without having doors so wide that normal parking spots would get you trapped. It's not special for astronauts, it's stock for the Model X. Of course, keep in mind that the SpaceX suits are a far cry from the old suits, far less bulky, even though they are still rated for cabin depressurization.

They could, I'm sure, it's a simple drive, far easier than the recent video I saw of a Full Self Driving beta tester doing Highway 17 from Silicon Valley to Santa Cruz. This vidoe shows the drives, and also, interestingly, the fact that there is an umbilical connection to the suit from the Model X, I suspect cooling air and comms.

The doors do open!! I could not find a picture of that anywhere. Thanks for the posting the video glhs!

Rats, guess I owe the 🐶 an apology. I apologize.

glhs837

Power with Control
The doors do open!! I could not find a picture of that anywhere. Thanks for the posting the video glhs!

Rats, guess I owe the 🐶 an apology. I apologize.

If you find yourself up in Tysons Corner, there's a store in the mall. Sales people will answer questions or leave you alone, and the have one of each model on the floor for you to play around in, all powered up. I was blown away by the rear seats of the model x

gemma_rae

If you find yourself up in Tysons Corner, there's a store in the mall. Sales people will answer questions or leave you alone, and the have one of each model on the floor for you to play around in, all powered up. I was blown away by the rear seats of the model x
I'd love to see it but I don't get to VA much. His Lordship's Kindness Larry might not let me back into MD! :lol: