Best Wedding Vendors

mrsgoldsmith

Recently my husband and I were married in Southern Maryland and I wanted to let everyone know the awesome experiences we had. I know that I checked on here for wedding recommendations when planning so thought it might help others.

Our wedding was an outdoor wedding at Mary's Hope on Church Cove. They were absolutely wonderful! We had really bad weather episodes and some unpredictable circumstances and they handled them with ease, making our wedding perfect. The people at Mary's Hope went above and beyond to make our day special.

Patty Sparks and her crew from Personalized Touch Catering were amazing as well! The food and service were both amazing and they really made us feel as if we had nothing to worry about. There was not one complaint about food or service the entire day and many people were interested in using them as caterers for upcoming events. For those interested, the cost was way more affordable than most and the menu was customized to our requests. I couldn't have asked for nicer and more professional people to work with.

Maureen Lawson of Cakes by Maureen made and delivered our cake and it tasted amazing! The cake was huge to accomodate such a large guest list and was stunning with piping and sugar flowers that looked real! People were surprised they were made from sugar. The cost of the cake was very affordable and she was a pleasure to work with.

Marc Shubrooks of Shubrooks Entertainment was great to work with as well. He DJ'ed both our wedding ceremony and reception. He met with us before hand and helped us with song recommendations and general program ideas. He was very professional and a lot of fun. He is highly recommended and comes at a great price!

Donna and her crew at Solomon's Florist were fantastic! They did our flower centerpieces and decorated our gazebo and ceremony site as well. She met with us several times and for long hours planning and coming up with the most fitting choices for our special day. She even came and decorated things that weren't flower related, including the balcony, stairwell and the tent. I really cannot say enough good things about them and they were totally willing to work within our budget.

Linda Bauer of Salon Dionne, in Lusby, MD did our hair for the wedding. She was fantastic! I have never felt so pretty and my hair withstood two huge rainstorms, humidity and lasted 8 hours. She was very reasonable and I would recommend her to anyone!

The only experience we had that with vendors that was not the best was with Top Hat Party Design for our tent, table and chair rental. When we originally went to them to order our package they had awesome customer service. However, when the week of the wedding came they were impossible to reach in order to help us determine a rain plan. We were very displeased with their service.

Hope those who are planning find this helpful and we really recommend Mary's Hope, Solomons Florist, Cakes By Maureen, Linda Bauer, Personalized Touch Catering and Marc Shubrooks! Feel free to email with questions! :)

mangogirl

Wow!!! Sounds like you had an awesome wedding. Thanks a lot for the information. I think it is going to help me out a lot. Thanks again.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Sanchez needs to come in here and talk about her catering experience with Mikes :yay:

That's right we used Mike's BBQ to caterer our wedding and they did an outstanding job. I have never had so many people come up to me at a function to tell me how good and fresh the food was. The staff was amazing, they did anything to make sure we had everything we needed. Could not have asked for a better caterer and the price was out of this world. We will be using the again..

kvj21075

Meow
That's right we used Mike's BBQ to caterer our wedding and they did an outstanding job. I have never had so many people come up to me at a function to tell me how good and fresh the food was. The staff was amazing, they did anything to make sure we had everything we needed. Could not have asked for a better caterer and the price was out of this world. We will be using the again..
:huggy: i cant wait for the food at my wedding :drool:

:huggy: i cant wait for the food at my wedding :drool:

What are you having? We haven't had our tasting yet so I'm not sure exactly what's on our menu but for the cocktail hour we get a fruit punch or lemonade fountain (I think we're going with lemonade), a fruit and cheese display with crackers and breads and a vegetable crudite platter with dip and four passed hor'dourves then for the main course (which we're doing buffet style) we get to pick three main dishes, a chicken, beef and fish, with veggies, rice and some kind of potatoes.

kvj21075

Meow
What are you having? We haven't had our tasting yet so I'm not sure exactly what's on our menu but for the cocktail hour we get a fruit punch or lemonade fountain (I think we're going with lemonade), a fruit and cheese display with crackers and breads and a vegetable crudite platter with dip and four passed hor'dourves then for the main course (which we're doing buffet style) we get to pick three main dishes, a chicken, beef and fish, with veggies, rice and some kind of potatoes.
uhmmmmmm were not sure lol. i want beef bbq lol. and prob some type of chicken and roast , not sure yet. im going to let 4d and Louise figure it out, i like all of the food Mikes has so they can pick whatever they want :yay:

uhmmmmmm were not sure lol. i want beef bbq lol. and prob some type of chicken and roast , not sure yet. im going to let 4d and Louise figure it out, i like all of the food Mikes has so they can pick whatever they want :yay:

What? You guys are getting married in a few months, you'd better get on booking the vendor chick :yay:

What kind (flavor(s)) of cake are you having?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
We did the grilled chicken breast and Roast beef, mashed taters and gravy, green beans and rolls. It was awesome :yahoo:

kvj21075

Meow
What? You guys are getting married in a few months, you'd better get on booking the vendor chick :yay:

What kind (flavor(s)) of cake are you having?
i have my vendors, Im using Mikes BBQ and Catering, and we are using a lady who does wedding cakes out of her home. It will be 4 tiers, double layer white cake with strawberry filling and cream cheese icing, thats right! i said it! CREAM CHEESE ICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my vendors, Im using Mikes BBQ and Catering, and we are using a lady who does wedding cakes out of her home. It will be 4 tiers, double layer white cake with strawberry filling and cream cheese icing, thats right! i said it! CREAM CHEESE ICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh so sorta like me, have the vendors just not the "exact" menu...got it :yay:. Mmm, the cake sounds good. No doubt it's got cream cheese icing, that's a given dear :lmao:

Our cake tasting's on the 25th. We're trying red velvet because he loves it, lemon because I love it (mmm, with raspberry filling maybe) and almond because...well just because :lol:

kvj21075

Meow
Oh so sorta like me, have the vendors just not the "exact" menu...got it :yay:. Mmm, the cake sounds good. No doubt it's got cream cheese icing, that's a given dear :lmao:

Our cake tasting's on the 25th. We're trying red velvet because he loves it, lemon because I love it (mmm, with raspberry filling maybe) and almond because...well just because :lol:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemon and almond!!!!! can i steal those flavors from you? :lol:

kvj21075

Meow

we wrote down all the things weve already bought and what we need to get. so little time and we need to come up with alot more money :lol: but i think we are doing a great job :yay:

kvj21075

Meow
Suuuuure :biggrin:

What kind of stuff do you still need?
i dont have the list on me, but he needs to get his uniform, we are waiting till the boys get here to get them thier suits, tablecloths, and theres a ton of stuff we know what we are getting , just havent purchased yet.

i dont have the list on me, but he needs to get his uniform, we are waiting till the boys get here to get them thier suits, tablecloths, and theres a ton of stuff we know what we are getting , just havent purchased yet.

I'm sure it will all work out, good luck :wink:

ll08

Who exactly are you all using for your cakes? When I got married I used a company called The Frosted Dragon. They are local and very good. You can really make your dream cake. Plus it tastes amazing. Can't complain about the cost either!

angelbaby

That cake sounds delicious! :drool:

D

dsparrow06

Who exactly are you all using for your cakes? When I got married I used a company called The Frosted Dragon. They are local and very good. You can really make your dream cake. Plus it tastes amazing. Can't complain about the cost either!

I'm using Anita's Wedding Cakes. She did my mom's wedding cake and I can still taste the flavor to this day! :yahoo: