Bethpage Campground

bcp

In My Opinion

Seriously
someone gives me two choices.
1) Clean this pile of litter boxes, enough to keep me busy all weekend.
or
2) Kick back in a lawn chair sipping a beer by the side of the lake...

Im going to have to think on this and get back to you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Seriously
someone gives me two choices.
1) Clean this pile of litter boxes, enough to keep me busy all weekend.
or
2) Kick back in a lawn chair sipping a beer by the side of the lake...

Im going to have to think on this and get back to you.

Our camper is a 'toy hauler' type..so we're of the 'environmental terrorist' variety of camper and will spend the weekend running trails on the 4 wheelers and discarding lots of brass at the shooting range.

That's why we like the Cove so much.

But the beer by the lake is a good part of that too!

bcp

In My Opinion
Our camper is a 'toy hauler' type..so we're of the 'environmental terrorist' variety of camper and will spend the weekend running trails on the 4 wheelers and discarding lots of brass at the shooting range.

That's why we like the Cove so much.

But the beer by the lake is a good part of that too!

You can ride the 4 wheeler down to the lake, get drunk and shoot at fish.

Its really a beautiful thing when you think about it.

bcp

In My Opinion
Indeed. But I'm pretty sure it would be looked upon rather dimly.

No doubt
Its always some woman that makes the complaint just becuase her kids happen to be swimming in the lake at the time.. and, then she acts like those tire tracks wont wash out of her towels.

Some people.

lovinmaryland

No thanks! Camping isn't my thing. :peace:

Exactly. My idea of a vacation is not cooking meals for 6 people then cleaning up after 6 people. I would much rather be spoiled & pampered :biggrin: I can light a fire in my back yard and drink beer while the kids roast mallows for free :wink:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No doubt
Its always some woman that makes the complaint just becuase her kids happen to be swimming in the lake at the time.. and, then she acts like those tire tracks wont wash out of her towels.

Some people.

People have become weak..timid..soft...

I've seen some go so far as to complain that the sound of an empty beer can hitting the side of their car as we blasted by their camp site at 0330 woke them up! I mean come on!..who is sleeping at 0330 when they are camping??, fer cryin out loud.

bcp

In My Opinion
People have become weak..timid..soft...

I've seen some go so far as to complain that the sound of an empty beer can hitting the side of their car as we blasted by their camp site at 0330 woke them up! I mean come on!..who is sleeping at 0330 when they are camping??, fer cryin out loud.

You do throw at least one half beer too right?

bcp

In My Opinion
talking about complaints,
I had complaints at disney last summer just because I was dressing a deer that I cracked on the golf course the night before behind the camper.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
talking about complaints,
I had complaints at disney last summer just because I was dressing a deer that I cracked on the golf course the night before behind the camper.

You've GOT to be kidding me. I mean..where else did they think you should have dressed it?? I mean, besides in the restrooms...

95blkgst

Bethpage is nice. Last time I was there though we witnessed someone drown in the lake. That wasnt to fun. We were riding around on the golf carts and saw a bunch of people just standing around, then people started jumping in and looking all around.

We were staying in the cabins, and some PG firefighters were next to us, well they ran and got in the lake and ended up finding the guy.. Seeing them drag him out and then the FF's doing cpr while the guy was on the strecher was just ehh. Sad day for sure.

bcp

In My Opinion
Bethpage is nice. Last time I was there though we witnessed someone drown in the lake. That wasnt to fun. We were riding around on the golf carts and saw a bunch of people just standing around, then people started jumping in and looking all around.

We were staying in the cabins, and some PG firefighters were next to us, well they ran and got in the lake and ended up finding the guy.. Seeing them drag him out and then the FF's doing cpr while the guy was on the strecher was just ehh. Sad day for sure.

I hope never to see anything like that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Same thing happened a couple years ago at the Cove..in the smallest of their lakes too. Older fella drowned when the canoe he and his son were fishing out of capsized. The younger man was beyond devastated...it was some kind of 'reunion get together' weekend for them.

Even realtively shallow water will still drown ya if you can't swim.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Exactly. My idea of a vacation is not cooking meals for 6 people then cleaning up after 6 people. I would much rather be spoiled & pampered :biggrin: I can light a fire in my back yard and drink beer while the kids roast mallows for free :wink:

:clap: That's why you and I love cruising --- everything is taken care of, and you don't have to lift a finger. :yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
:clap: That's why you and I love cruising --- everything is taken care of, and you don't have to lift a finger. :yahoo:

I spent enough time on ships in the Navy, dont think I can see actually paying to look at water for that length of time.

Besides, I do the cooking and cleaning up when camping, wife has to do nothing.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
It is rather primitive...but its quite beautiful and very secluded too.

I always camp in the regular sites and run the generator when I need it. Ends up being pretty cheap that way and those sites are farther back and away from the office and the dusty entrance road..

That said..I've always chuckled at discussions like this one. We have 30, 50, 100, more, grand in camper and towing equipment and worry about whether a campground charges 50 bucks a day or 80 bucks a day?:killingme

:lol: Camping is suppose to be cheap because everyone spends all the money on the camper!

I think we might try this place out though.. my thing is I like using my own shower... I hate using bathhouse showers.. they creep me out :lol:

I didn't read it all but do they have dump stations?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I know what you mean.
I do miss sleeping on beds and pillows that have been saturated with splooge from some unknown person/persons the night before.

Okay once again you made me bust out laughing and hubby is looking at me saying WTF is so funny... umm BCP is at it again :killingme