Bethpage...

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agee

Very difficult to win back to back Opens, but if anyone can do it, it's El-Tigre'.

Last person to win back to back Opens was Curtis Strange over twenty years ago...

Is he going to hit 49 out of 56 fairways, like he did at the Memorial? If so, I'll take Tiger and give the field 6 strokes. Otherwise, I think I'll take the field - but it's still a close call.

I can't find Bethpage '02 stats, but I am prepared to say no way in hell. He hit something like 67% for that year let alone at a US open layout.

Yeah, I'm not figuring he has much chance of hitting that many. I doubt Jim Furyk can hit that many.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, I'm not figuring he has much chance of hitting that many. I doubt Jim Furyk can hit that many.

Well, unlike say, Olympic, the ball will at least stay in the fairway at Bethpage so, if anyone, Jim is the guy who might hit 12/14 a day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, Amy has left numerous hints for Phil that she'd like the trophy in her hospital room. And Phil brought it up in his presser.

If he's on the lead lap Sunday PM, this sets up to be an EPIC Open. Just imagine... :yahoo:

:popcorn:

I just hope I get Tiger in the blind draw tournament this weekend. The way I've been playing lately, he might have to carry me.

Dang - I just realized that this thing starts this morning.

Today is Thursday? I lost a day sometime this week. :lol:

Agee

Very difficult to win back to back Opens, but if anyone can do it, it's El-Tigre'.

Last person to win back to back Opens was Curtis Strange over twenty years ago...

bump...

learned today he's the only person to win back-to-back US Opens :cheers:

They talked about the elevated greens at the Open. Until I saw a shot on ESPN behind D. Duval, I realized what they meant by "elevated greens"

From his shot perspective, all I could see was camera cranes ! Like landing a pitch shot in a volcano! Although, the volcano would be a bit more receptive.

Today was setting up up for some great drama. We have the young guys, Glover and Barnes, trying to hold it together and hold on to 5 shot leads over the veterans Mickelson and Duval - with both of the latter two bringing compelling story lines along, should they be in it at the end.

Unfortunately, Duval made a triple on the par 3 third hole. If Duval was able to stay in it, and somehow pull out the win, it would have made for one of the better sports stories we've had in a while. At this point though, it seems very, very unlikely. Hopefully he recovers and plays a solid last 15 holes anyway.

Most all of these guys on the leaderboard are struggling with their swings off the tee, and a lot of shots are ending up in the fescue, which is a beast. Hunter Mahan probably looks the best at this point.

If anyone one of them can just hit the fairway, hit the green, and take their two putts, they will likely find themselves surging to the lead. This course finally seems to be showing its teeth.