Bettas

I just adopted a Betta from my niece. She's had it for 3 years and she got tired of it. Go figure. :shrug:

I just set it up in the kitchen and he seems happy so far. I just hope I don't kill him. :ohwell:

I am at a loss as to what to name him. She said she just called him 'craphead'. :lol:

Any name suggestions?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speedy70 said:
I just adopted a Betta from my niece. She's had it for 3 years and she got tired of it. Go figure. :shrug:

I just set it up in the kitchen and he seems happy so far. I just hope I don't kill him. :ohwell:

I am at a loss as to what to name him. She said she just called him 'craphead'. :lol:

Any name suggestions?
Craphead.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Speedy70 said:
I wish I could take her. :whistle:

:nono: You need to give Maya and Cody time.
When I told my vet what he was doing, she got a very concerned look on her face and said "That's not very nice". No shiat Sherlock, what do I do about it? :lmao:

I need help!!! My 3-year old betta that I just adopted has developed a bulging eye today. It looks so weird! I looked it up on the internet and they say to change the water and put ampicillin in his water. Where the heck do I get ampicillin for a fish? :confused: :jameo:

I don't want him to die. :bawl:

Speedy70 said:
I need help!!! My 3-year old betta that I just adopted has developed a bulging eye today. It looks so weird! I looked it up on the internet and they say to change the water and put ampicillin in his water. Where the heck do I get ampicillin for a fish? :confused: :jameo:

I don't want him to die. :bawl:

Anyone???

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speedy70 said:
Anyone???
I have no clue, but I have one Mexican Ampicilina, 500 mg, that you could try. You could sprinkle part of it in the tank, maybe? PM me if you want it.

BS Gal said:
I have no clue, but I have one Mexican Ampicilina, 500 mg, that you could try. You could sprinkle part of it in the tank, maybe? PM me if you want it.

TY, you're so sweet. :huggy: But, I looked on petco's site and they have ampicillin for fish. :yahoo: I'm going tomorrow morning to get him some. I hope he'll be ok. :jameo:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speedy70 said:
TY, you're so sweet. :huggy: But, I looked on petco's site and they have ampicillin for fish. :yahoo: I'm going tomorrow morning to get him some. I hope he'll be ok. :jameo:
One time we tried to "dry" the Governmental Center out to get rid of the humidity. I didn't work for that department at the time, but they heated it up all weekend and killed everyone's Betas and also everyone's plants and melted everyone's candles. OOOOOPPPPPS.

BS Gal said:
One time we tried to "dry" the Governmental Center out to get rid of the humidity. I didn't work for that department at the time, but they heated it up all weekend and killed everyone's Betas and also everyone's plants and melted everyone's candles. OOOOOPPPPPS.

:dork: :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speedy70 said:
I got the ampicillin from Petco this afternoon. I hope I can save Elvis the blue suede fish (or as my 10 yr old step-son suggested - Elfish :lol:).
Did I tell you about the time a bunch of fish got killed at at the Governmental Center??? :lmao:

"Elfish" is not doing good. :bawl: He won't eat the ampicillin, and you're not supposed to feed them anything else while you're giving them the medicine. So he basically hasn't eaten since Sunday.

I guess I have to skip the ampicillin and just start feeding him regular Betta food again. His eye still looks gross though.

camily

Peace
Speedy70 said:
"Elfish" is not doing good. :bawl: He won't eat the ampicillin, and you're not supposed to feed them anything else while you're giving them the medicine. So he basically hasn't eaten since Sunday.

I guess I have to skip the ampicillin and just start feeding him regular Betta food again. His eye still looks gross though.
They can go several days without food. Just keep up with the meds. :yay:

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
BS Gal said:
Did I tell you about the time a bunch of fish got killed at at the Governmental Center??? :lmao:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BS Gal again.
:killingme
<!-- / main error message -->