Biden and Dems Are Set to Abolish the Suburbs

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The suburbs are the swing constituency in our national elections. If suburban voters knew what the Democrats had in store for them, they’d run screaming in the other direction. Unfortunately, Republicans have been too clueless or timid to make an issue of the Democrats’ anti-suburban plans. It’s time to tell voters the truth.

I’ve been studying Joe Biden’s housing plans, and what I’ve seen is both surprising and frightening. I expected that a President Biden would enforce the Obama administration’s radical AFFH (Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing) regulation to the hilt. That is exactly what Biden promises to do. By itself, that would be more than enough to end America’s suburbs as we’ve known them, as I’ve explained repeatedly here at NRO.

What surprises me is that Biden has actually promised to go much further than AFFH. Biden has embraced Cory Booker’s strategy for ending single-family zoning in the suburbs and creating what you might call “little downtowns” in the suburbs. Combine the Obama-Biden administration’s radical AFFH regulation with Booker’s new strategy, and I don’t see how the suburbs can retain their ability to govern themselves. It will mean the end of local control, the end of a style of living that many people prefer to the city, and therefore the end of meaningful choice in how Americans can live. Shouldn’t voters know that this is what’s at stake in the election?

It is no exaggeration to say that progressive urbanists have long dreamed of abolishing the suburbs. (In fact, I’ve explained it all in a book.) Initially, these anti-suburban radicals wanted large cities to simply annex their surrounding suburbs, like cities did in the 19th century. That way a big city could fatten up its tax base. Once progressives discovered it had since become illegal for a city to annex its surrounding suburbs without voter consent, they cooked up a strategy that would amount to the same thing.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/biden-and-dems-are-set-to-abolish-the-suburbs/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump's Warning That Biden Would 'Abolish the Suburbs' Isn't Racist, and It Isn't Hyperbole, Either

President Trump began highlighting Joe Biden’s horrific housing policy in a speech on July 16. The president is framing the policy in stark language by letting voters know that Joe Biden wants to “abolish the suburbs.” It would be great if this were hyperbole, but it is not.

As Trump mentions, Biden’s policy will put local zoning in the hands of federal bureaucrats. To receive HUD grants and highway funds, communities will need to agree to eliminate zoning for single-family housing. The president then correctly draws the conclusion that housing values will go down in areas where this policy is implemented.

Why abolish the suburbs?

The goal of this policy is two-fold. The climate cabal would like us all to be living in much smaller homes with less land. It demands we all live in arrangements where commuting is less ordinary, and public transportation is the norm. Preferably, the cabal would like to cram us all closer to urban centers and riding on human meat tubes.

The ideological left sees it as an opportunity to consolidate power. Urban centers where the vote for Democrats reaches +30 contain a whole lot of wasted votes. By redistributing their supporters, the leftists envision making traditionally tight races in suburban and exurban districts flip to them. You can count on red counties and suburbs being the first ones addressed under the policy.

Clem72

I thought we already had this in Maryland? Pretty much every housing development that I can think of has at least one multi-family dwelling (town homes or condos).