Biden Lectures America What You Can and Cannot Do

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Thursday night, a masked Biden tottered down a long, empty hall to a podium. He then gave the most bizarre presidential address in American history. After a grim recital of “facts” about the last year, Biden emphasized multiple times that Americans had better take the vaccine – and be grateful to him for his amazing ability to get the vaccine to Americans. He also insisted that, vaccines or not, the government’s in control and can lock all of us up all over again.

[clip]

2. The speech was both bizarre and boring. Despite the teleprompter, it wandered hither and yon, without ever touching clearly on a single point. It was a grim, depressing speech about a miserable year that probably won’t get better even with a vaccine because we must all remain scared and isolated.

3. Biden kept saying that he was going to tell the truth. He quoted a woman he allegedly met who told him her heart’s desire: “‘I just want the truth. The truth. Just tell me the truth.’”

“Tell the truth,” Biden said again.”

“My fellow Americans,” he said, you’re owed nothing less than the truth.”

Later, he added, “I will tell you the truth.”

And then he said, “In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be traveling along with the first lady” and a whole host of others, “to tell you the truth.”

Do you know who says things like that? Someone who’s lying.

4. Biden dragged in, almost randomly, the fact that there is a rash of attacks on Asians of late: “Vicious hate crimes against Asian Americans who have been attacked, harassed, blamed, and scapegoated.”

What he was implying is that people have been so maddened by Trump (whose name Biden never once mentioned) saying that the Wuhan virus originated in China, that it drove maddened white supremacists to attack Asians. As best as I can tell, the attacks against Asians come almost entirely from the Black community – and, more than that, from a segment of the Black community that is not in sympathy with Trump and is therefore unlikely to be influenced by him. What nobody on the left admits is that Blacks have long been hostile to Asians.

[clip]

8. Here’s the scariest thing Biden said, although he slipped it in so quickly many may not have noticed (emphasis mine): “Fourth, in the coming weeks, we will issue further guidance on what you can and cannot do once fully vaccinated to lessen the confusion, to keep people safe, and encourage more people to get vaccinated.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In First Major Speech, Biden Lectures Americans About What They "Can and Cannot Do"

Speaking to the nation in his first major address Thursday night, Joe Biden lectured Americans about what they will be "allowed to do" after they receive the Wuhan coronavirus vaccine.

"I need you to get vaccinated when it's your turn or when you can find an opportunity and to help your family, your neighbors to get vaccinated as well," Biden said. "If we do our part. If we do this together, by July the 4th, there's a good chance you, your families and friends, will be able to get together in your backyard, or your neighborhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day. That doesn't mean large events, with lots of people together, but it does mean small groups will be able to get together."

"The more people are fully vaccinated, the CDC will continue to provide official guidance on what you can do in the work place, places of worship, with your friends, as well as travel," he continued, urging people to listen to Dr. Fauci. "In the coming weeks we will issue guidance on what you can and cannot do when fully vaccinated.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden can attempt to reinstate whatever he wants at this point. No one is going to listen to him, and I’d love to see him attempt to actually enforce “restrictions” from the federal level. What’s he going to do? Send the Federal Marshals after people who don’t wear masks or open their businesses? I’m guessing such a move wouldn’t go over very well. Biden is feckless and weak, consumed with threats he can’t back up. His words are meaningless.

At another point, Biden said something that makes me question whether he inhabits the same reality as the rest of us.

Wait, does Biden think people aren’t already gathering in groups, having BBQs, and generally living their lives? Or does he think the entire country is operating like New York and Washington D.C.? The majority of people have been having friends over, going to restaurants, and enjoying the outdoors for a long time. I think I started eating at restaurants again back in June of last year.

Further, what does it matter if it’s a small or large group? If the vaccine works, then it works regardless of the situation. There is no point whatsoever in putting arbitrary limits on the size of gatherings, but Biden seems intent on making that attempt.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In leading up to his grand vision of a restored America, Biden started to get a bit creepy.

“I will not relent until we beat this virus, but I need you, the American people, I need you. I need every American to do their part. And that’s not hyperbole, I need you. I need you to get vaccinated when it’s your turn and you can find an opportunity, and to help your family, your friends, your neighbors, get vaccinated as well,” he said.

Americans have been struggling with the pandemic for almost an entire year, hunkering down in lockdowns, trying to give school-deprived children hope, postponing gatherings with family and friends, and struggling to keep businesses open amid government restrictions. Yet Biden attempted to hold out a great promise, a goal to strive for that would make all the struggle worth it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe Biden Is Still Lying About COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution. Here Are the Facts.

In July 2020, the Trump administration ordered 100 million doses of the vaccine under development by Pfizer, Inc. upon its approval. The agreement with Pfizer would allow the government to purchase an additional 500 million doses. In August, the Trump administration ordered 100 million doses of the vaccine under development by Moderna, Inc. upon its approval.

Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was approved by the FDA for emergency use on December 11. The vaccine was developed and approved in 9 months—it was a “medical miracle,” as President Trump put it. “We’ve delivered a safe and effective vaccine in just 9 months… This is one of the greatest scientific accomplishments in history.” On the same day, the Trump administration purchased 100 million more doses of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine upon its approval by the FDA, doubling its order. That vaccine was approved by the FDA a week later.

An additional 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine were purchased by the Trump administration on December 23.

That comes to at least 400 million vaccine doses from Pfizer and Moderna ordered by the Trump administration before Joe Biden took office. The population of the United States is 331 million people. Both of these vaccines are a two-dose shot, meaning that the Trump administration had ordered enough vaccines to innoculate 60 percent of the United States population before Biden even took office.

Bobwhite

I haven't had the vaccination but I'm told that when you get it you are issued some documentation that states that you are fully vaccinated. I don't remember getting any such documentation for any vaccination I've ever had so why does this one require proof. My guess is that he will require various establishments to not permit people on their premises if they can't produce said documentation.

herb749

I haven't had the vaccination but I'm told that when you get it you are issued some documentation that states that you are fully vaccinated. I don't remember getting any such documentation for any vaccination I've ever had so why does this one require proof. My guess is that he will require various establishments to not permit people on their premises if they can't produce said documentation.

I was told you may need it to fly. I received both my Pfizer shots and its dated and signed. Recommended to have it laminated to carry.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's just silly. Thousands of people have flown in the last year, including myself. Now they want you to have a kitchen pass?

Miker/t

Bluecrqbe

Love to see you folks just doing absolute backflips about this beautiful speech. He’s pulling a classic Biden, under promise and over perform! We’ll be back to normal by Memorial Day.

It’s the opposite of that other guy who said it would be gone by Easter....yeah, that’s when most of us tuned him out.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

CPUSA

Love to see you folks just doing absolute backflips about this beautiful speech. He’s pulling a classic Biden, under promise and over perform! We’ll be back to normal by Memorial Day.

It’s the opposite of that other guy who said it would be gone by Easter....yeah, that’s when most of us tuned him out.

You're not even a SPECIAL kinda stupid...you're just a run of the mill Dem Slave stupid.
BTW...Nobody has tuned out PRESIDENT Trump...keep wishing, snowy...

Reactions: BOP

GoodnessME

He didn't say which Easter...and lo and behold Easter is only weeks away and look at how many have had the shot and the tumbling number of cases reported...Go Trump...

BOP