Big Brown

devinej

well lucky ones who bet on da'tara.

big brown's jockey said no lameness, he just had no horse. nothing wrong with him. given it was 93 degreesss

IntegritysDream

Who knows, but big brown was a great horse like the jockey said, and he loved to run, and if big brown didnt want to run or didnt feel right.. then something had to be bothering him. at least the jockey is good enough to pull him up to be safe rather then let him go anyways and have something devistating happen. Big brown looked angry when the jockey was pulling him up, he knew he could have won.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
I think the heat got to him, he is a huge horse.

It is simple really, this horse does not like to run in excessive heat. The Republicans who have created Global Warming with Bush as their dimwit leader are to blame once again. The temperatures are never that high in June in New York. The Republicans destroy everything, they've even ruined the Triple Crown race, is there anything left the Republicans haven't destroyed?:whistle:

poster

Who knows, but big brown was a great horse like the jockey said, and he loved to run, and if big brown didnt want to run or didnt feel right.. then something had to be bothering him. at least the jockey is good enough to pull him up to be safe rather then let him go anyways and have something devistating happen. Big brown looked angry when the jockey was pulling him up, he knew he could have won.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more controversy (sp?) over this.
There were many people that would have bet on him to just place.
Unless he was lame/hurt the jockey shouldn't have pulled him up.

That's kind of like the little kid that want's to play a game until they see they'll lose and then saying, I don't want to play anymore.

I agree it's best not to 'ruin' him over a non-win but I have mixed feelings about it.

Joebagel

I dont know much about horse racing but I dont think he would have even placed if he was allowed to finish. Plus did any of you want to run a 1.5 mile on saturday?

sockgirl77

I think the heat got to him, he is a huge horse.

What about the other 8 horses that ran? The heat didn't get to them. The reporter in the beginning got it right. Big Brown did not get his May 15th steroid injection. The owner wanted to prove that he could win without being on steroids. Yep.

FrmGrl

Get some!
What about the other 8 horses that ran? The heat didn't get to them. The reporter in the beginning got it right. Big Brown did not get his May 15th steroid injection. The owner wanted to prove that he could win without being on steroids. Yep.
We may never know what happend. But his Jockey knew him better than anyone. He pulled him up for a reason. He should not be criticized for that. Sorry people lost money that day but given the last two years of tragedy why not play it safe. Just because other horses were ok, does not mean he was not affected. Its a big toss up. Steriods, maybe... but hey some days we dont feel right either and have no explanation. Or maybe Devine is right. Maybe it is the curse of the Belmont.

poster

I'd think they'd have known long before the race if he'd have needed the injection. I'm sure he hasn't just been standing in a stall for the last few weeks, they've gotta excercise him.

I also disagree with an earlier post "the jockey knows him best". How involved in training is a jockey, not much. He's excercised by someone else. The jockey is following owners/trainers orders. I think he was told if he can't come in first pull him up. The ramifications of him losing vs. something "not right" is why he was pulled up. The rest of those horses ran, win or not.

It may not have been his day but he should have been allowed to run.

Last edited:

devinej

(maybe someone paid the jockey off?? )

just kidding

wonder what his exercise rider michelle nevin has to say

FrmGrl

Get some!
I'd think they'd have known long before the race if he'd have needed the injection. I'm sure he hasn't just been standing in a stall for the last few weeks, they've gotta excercise him.

I also disagree with an earlier post "the jockey knows him best". How involved in training is a jockey, not much. He's excercised by someone else. The jockey is following owners/trainers orders. I think he was told if he can't come in first pull him up. The ramifications of him losing vs. something "not right" is why he was pulled up. The rest of those horses ran, win or not.

It may not have been his day but he should have been allowed to run.
Kent has spent a lot of time with that horse. If you watch his other races He knows when to give Big Brown his cue and the rest is history. In this situation no one knows him better. If Kent felt that horse was not there underneath him than we cant really say otherwise. He knew there was nothing there. I think it is far fetched to believe he would not try for a finish unless he was worried. If you take a look at the pictures of the owner after the race, he threw his arms around him and looked very, very distraught. I dont think that was an act.

backagain39

Well whatever the reason, I am glad that the jockey pulled the horse. I for one did not want to see another Barbaro or Eight Bells situation. It's just a race, the horse is more important.

R

remaxrealtor

Well whatever the reason, I am glad that the jockey pulled the horse. I for one did not want to see another Barbaro or Eight Bells situation. It's just a race, the horse is more important.

:love:Now THAT is making the point...KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowgirl

Big Brown trainer pins blame on jockey - Horse Racing - Yahoo! Sports

Hmmmm, Um I guess the trainer didn't watch the footage. He DID go cry in a corner when the horse didn't win. Any idiot watching saw that Big Brown could NOT run that race. Even before Kent was pulling him up he was being passed and overtaken.

You could tell in the first 15 seconds of that race that Big Brown lost it. He got too crowded in, and he lost major time when he had to pull back to find a place. The jockey only pulled him out of the race when it was clear he wouldn't place or show.