Big Event in Budds Creek

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
BS Gal said:
There was already an accident on 234 today, around 5:00 or so. Road got shut down for a while.

That was around 5 - 5:30 up by Bowles Farm....They had 234 shut down...When I got home the scanner was talking Helo landing....That scanner was very busy last night....I think most of it was the Fair...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Came home last night down 236. That field was lit up and almost half full of RVs and tents, campfires going, Mike's bbq was open in the Stone's parking lot and had a line. When I went to turn on 234, you could see that every inch of the Potomac Speedway area was lit up and full of vehicles. Police were at MIR, as usual, directing traffic. I fugure by noon today that area will be dangerous to drive.

Mikeinsmd

mxmom943 said:
Why is everyone freaking out. There was a big event in Budds Creek on Father's Day weekend, the only problems there were, for the campers that were trying to get out. Hopefully John Beasley has that problem cleared up. There has been planning in the works for this event for over a year now, so I am sure that all will go well. If you are not going to the event avoid Budds Creek area at all costs.
No one is freaking out. :duh: There has never been an event like this in Budds Creek before.

Some of us live here & have to deal with it. No biggie though, I think it's cool.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Mikeinsmd said:
No one is freaking out. :duh: There has never been an event like this in Budds Creek before.

Some of us live here & have to deal with it. No biggie though, I think it's cool.

Me too. Specially cause I'm in South Carolina. :razz:

sockgirl77

I loved going to the Nationals every year. I'd love to be there for this. Budds Creek is one of the things that I miss most about the area. I would love to take my 3 year old to this. I love me some MX!

P.S. Everyone should atleast go on a normal Sunday and check out the local guys. Southern MD has some talented guys. :yay:

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
sockgirl77 said:
I loved going to the Nationals every year. I'd love to be there for this. Budds Creek is one of the things that I miss most about the area. I would love to take my 3 year old to this. I love me some MX!

P.S. Everyone should atleast go on a normal Sunday and check out the local guys. Southern MD has some talented guys. :yay:

Right on!!!

I love watching also, just don't like to watch my son. It scares the crap out of me since he's been flown twice from Budds before. He did great last night, finished 6th or 7th in the Supercross, (125 A Class) which is awesome considering he hasn't ridden or practiced since early July.

BTW..How is your Aunt? :huggy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

I'mno Mensa said:
I heard they were charging $200 a night to park campers.

Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

...friend of mine is going down tonight with family and camper. He has a pass but seems a bit concerned how all this is going to work out. :jameo:

:lmao:

sockgirl77

Larry Gude said:
...friend of mine is going down tonight with family and camper. He has a pass but seems a bit concerned how all this is going to work out. :jameo:

:lmao:
Man. He should've gotten there yesterday morning. Poor guy.

K

Kain99

They're well into overflow. Farms on Mechanicsville rd. are hosting RV's and campers. Tell your friend to check there.

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
They're well into overflow. Farms on Mechanicsville rd. are hosting RV's and campers. Tell your friend to check there.
:yeahthat:

234 already backed up well past Wicomoco. I took to the left shoulder to get into the hood. Gonna be CRAZY!!! :jameo:

mxmom943

Purplefox said:
Right on!!!

I love watching also, just don't like to watch my son. It scares the crap out of me since he's been flown twice from Budds before. He did great last night, finished 6th or 7th in the Supercross, (125 A Class) which is awesome considering he hasn't ridden or practiced since early July.

BTW..How is your Aunt? :huggy:

Congrats to you son, WTG!!! The track that they usually put on that dirt track is slicker than snot on a door knob. Yes, if any of you ever get a chance and like to watch motocross, it would be a nice Sunday out and I am sure you would have a good time. Hope everyone it that area is having good luck, fortunately I live in Calvert so I get to stay away. Son is going on Sunday, hope he has fun.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
WoW just WoW.

My son and I just got in from the event. Showed up at 7 A.M. to fuel generators and misc. equipment. People were coming out of the woodwork and to our surprise we were given VIP passes :yahoo:

We spent the day sitting at the finish line and chilling out in the Red Bull lounge area. Very nice people, we can't wait for tomorrow.

Here's my son playing video guitar with the RB girl, OH and this guy... :lmao:

Attachments

• 0922071249.jpg
    0922071249.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 0922071230.jpg
    0922071230.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 104

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Team USA whoops all comers today!

Carmicheal , Villopoto and Ferry handed out a sweep in all three qualifiers yesterday at Budds Creek at the Motocross Des Nations. Each rider posted a win with more than a 25 second lead at the checkered flag!

:patriot: Go USA

HappyCats

bresamil said:
Came home last night down 236. That field was lit up and almost half full of RVs and tents, campfires going, Mike's bbq was open in the Stone's parking lot and had a line. When I went to turn on 234, you could see that every inch of the Potomac Speedway area was lit up and full of vehicles. Police were at MIR, as usual, directing traffic. I fugure by noon today that area will be dangerous to drive.

Its not Potomac Speedway! This is the motocross park. It is called: Budds Creek. Potomac is the dirt track BEHIND the motorcross park.

Otter

Nothing to see here
HappyCats said:
Its not Potomac Speedway! This is the motocross park. It is called: Budds Creek. Potomac is the dirt track BEHIND the motorcross park.

:dur: same difference.

sockgirl77

HappyCats said:
When they have big events like this they tend to use the parking area for Potomac Speedway as well as the track for shows. :yay: