Bike (human powered) question

I've decided to give into old age (not really.. but had back surgery) and purchase a women's bike (I prefer men's) and was looking at the models on the Schwinn site, yet when I look at the models in the stores they all have different names then what they are on the Schwinn site??

Is there some web site that tells you the various names for each model?

Oddly enough they are very difficult to ride!

this is what I am looking for-- Schwinn Voyageur GS Ladies Comfort Bike

Attachments

• 30-1264-BLU-SIDE.jpg
    30-1264-BLU-SIDE.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

dustin

UAIOE
I've decided to give into old age (not really.. but had back surgery) and purchase a women's bike (I prefer men's) and was looking at the models on the Schwinn site, yet when I look at the models in the stores they all have different names then what they are on the Schwinn site??

Are you referring to the bikes at wal-mart? i'm pretty sure schwinn makes certain model bicycles for department stores like walmart that are only sold at these stores. The name may even be under a license and not really made by any schwinn plant but some manufacturing facility in China where a Schwinn sticker is applied.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Go to Mikes Bikes, let him find you a bike that fits.. and test ride them..

If you plan on putting on any amount of miles, a proper fit bike will make all the difference in the world.

Are you referring to the bikes at wal-mart? i'm pretty sure schwinn makes certain model bicycles for department stores like walmart that are only sold at these stores. The name may even be under a license and not really made by any schwinn plant but some manufacturing facility in China where a Schwinn sticker is applied.

thats what I discovered!

bulldog

I bought my wife a Specialized (brand) over at Patuxent Adventure Center (Solomon's) a couple of years back and she really likes it. It is a hybrid road/offroad bike, but she only rides in on the road. I think it was about $400.00, but that includes lifetime yearly tune-ups if you need/desire them.
Good Bike.

Mike's, which is where I got my Bike, is good too, but he did not have anything that interested her at the time.