Bill Clinton advised Dubai as Hillary criticizes its US ports deal

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Slick Willy should know how to get it done as he was the one via Executive Order that did away with the investigative function that allowed for the Loral-China deal on missile technology.

Kerad

From your link:
"...Clinton had been called by one of Dubai's leaders and recommended that the deal should go through an extended screening process"

Do you think recommending the extended screening process is bad advice?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Kerad said:
From your link:
"...Clinton had been called by one of Dubai's leaders and recommended that the deal should go through an extended screening process"

That isn't the issue. If he is saying "here's what you can do to get it through" and she's saying "no way, no how, never", it's showing a disconnect.

Personally I think it's a matter of the press searching for issues where there are none. All of the politicians involved are just looking for sound bites to pull out during their next campaign: "Look at how I fought for national security."

As with all political issues, this will fade into oblivion, with nothing truly being fixed. That's how our political system works. The weird thing is, as screwed up as we are, our government actually runs better then any other in the world.

Kerad

That isn't the issue. If he is saying "here's what you can do to get it through" and she's saying "no way, no how, never", it's showing a disconnect.

No..that's not how I read it at all. I think that Bill is thinking in the terms of "If I were President...what would I do?" Get a full review done..and then let the chips fall where they may. Not that "...the public doesn't have to worry about security" BS Dummy...errr..Dubya... was going for.

I disregard whatever Hillary says..she's not NEARLY the "President" that Bill was.

And neither is Dubya.

bcp

In My Opinion
Kerad said:
From your link:

I think that if the screening process is any different at all than the process used for a natural born citizen, the liberals will scream about the violation of the civil rights of the person that is being screened.

yet, as soon as one of the terrorists blow up the port of their choice, the liberals will scream because the current admin did nothing to try and weed the terrorists out.

just wont be able to win at this one regardless of how you do it.

Kerad

bcp said:
I think that if the screening process is any different at all than the process used for a natural born citizen, the liberals will scream about the violation of the civil rights of the person that is being screened.

yet, as soon as one of the terrorists blow up the port of their choice, the liberals will scream because the current admin did nothing to try and weed the terrorists out.

just wont be able to win at this one regardless of how you do it.

errrr......okay?

Deals concerning national security are supposed to have the 45 day review.

The fact that Dubya learned of the deal watching the news....and foriegn governments are asking Bill for advice speaks volumes. Nobody is EVER going to respect Dubya. Ever.

That said...

The 45 day review is the LEAST that should be done. Gives everyone enough time to suss out what is what.

If it's safe..the deal goes through. No need to rush it.

JollyRoger

Kerad said:
errrr......okay?

Deals concerning national security are supposed to have the 45 day review.

The fact that Dubya learned of the deal watching the news....and foriegn governments are asking Bill for advice speaks volumes. Nobody is EVER going to respect Dubya. Ever.

That said...

The 45 day review is the LEAST that should be done. Gives everyone enough time to suss out what is what.

If it's safe..the deal goes through. No need to rush it.

Why do you think these arab countries want advice from BC? Because they knew how weak he was as president.

Kerad

JollyRoger said:
Why do you think these arab countries want advice from BC? Because they knew how weak he was as president.

Wrong answer...but thanks for playing.

Again..the question is...THIS.

When the US Government (the Bushies) was asked to review the deal..they said there was no need to do so.

When Bill Clinton is asked (by the deal makers!!!!) what they should do....he advised to do the 45 day review.

Who is REALLY on top of things???

Not Bushie.

JollyRoger

Kerad said:
Wrong answer...but thanks for playing.

Again..the question is...THIS.

When the US Government (the Bushies) was asked to review the deal..they said there was no need to do so.

When Bill Clinton is asked (by the deal makers!!!!) what they should do....he advised to do the 45 day review.

Who is REALLY on top of things???

Not Bushie.

BC is so awsome to guys like you. Because he got a BJ in the Oval office.
That is so cool.

MMDad

Lem Putt
JollyRoger said:
That is so cool.
You are going to lose this argument. Not because Kerad is right, but because you are unable to argue. If you can't bring a little more to the table than BJ quips, give it up. Kerad actually comes with some facts - misguided IMO - and you come with nothing.

Kerad

JollyRoger said:
That is so cool.

Ran out of ammo, eh?

And YES...BC IS cool!

oh...and the fact that he is a respected (and beloved) world leader makes him cooler!

:yay:

Bushie....pretty much a 'tard.

Oh well....so it goes...

Kerad

MMDad said:
You are going to lose this argument. Not because Kerad is right, but because you are unable to argue. If you can't bring a little more to the table than BJ quips, give it up. Kerad actually comes with some facts - misguided IMO - and you come with nothing.

Yeah...agreed that we DON'T agree on much. But you have to come with SOME ammo.

JollyRoger

Kerad said:
Ran out of ammo, eh?

And YES...BC IS cool!

oh...and the fact that he is a respected (and beloved) world leader makes him cooler!

:yay:

Bushie....pretty much a 'tard.

Oh well....so it goes...

Respected and loved only by countries that know when we have a guy like BC we are only weaker. No one effed with this country when Ranald Reagan was pres. BTW..it could be pointed out that because of eight years of BC is the reason for 911. BTW..no other country has effed with us since 911..Thank you GW!

Kerad

JollyRoger said:
Respected and loved only by countries that know when we have a guy like BC we are only weaker. No one effed with this country when Ranald Reagan was pres. BTW..it could be pointed out that because of eight years of BC is the reason for 911. BTW..no other country has effed with us since 911..Thank you GW!
:ohwell:
Whatever helps you sleep better at night...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
SmallTown said:
Not sure about Ranald, but wasn't ron shot in his own country?
I wasn't a fan of some of Reagan's domestic policies, but let's keep a sense of perspective. His assailant wasn't a fundamentalist fanatic filled with resentment against the US. His assailant was a mentally deranged nobody filled with obsession for Jodie Foster.